SCHOOL ENRICHMENT WORKER (Part Time Temporary Summer Position)
WHITE MOUNTAIN APACHE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES, INC.
POSITION: SCHOOL ENRICHMENT WORKER (Part Time Temporary Summer Position)
CLASSIFICATION CODE: NON-EXEMPT FULL TIME
DEPARTMENT: SCHOOL ENRICHMENT
REPORTS TO: SCHOOL ENRICHMENT PROGRAM MANAGER
STATEMENT OF JOB: This Position provides assistance to clinical staff providing services to children and adolescents enrolled or eligible to be enrolled with Apache Behavioral Health Services Inc. (ABHS). The School Enrichment Worker provides supervision to monitor children and adolescents for health, behavioral, and emotional concerns, providing age-appropriate instruction and working with clinical staff to ensure children and adolescents are learning and socializing in a positive way. This position assists with duties ensuring children and adolescents are in a safe, engaging and clean environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains a safe workplace by monitoring children and adolescents for health, behavioral, and emotional issues and reporting concerns to clinical staff.
- Provides assistance to ABHS clinical staff, including, but not limited to, community visits, appointment coordination, outreach for clients having difficulty accessing services, and/or for reengagement in treatment services.
- Ensures children and adolescents are learning positive behaviors and providing guidance or approved discipline, as needed.
- Provides prevention education services including presentations, workshops, and other forms public education on a variety of mental health topics, including, but not limited to, substance abuse treatment education and life skills instruction.
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility and competence in adjusting to clientele with varying degrees of traumatic experiences and complex psychological presentations.
- Ability to address a variety of diverse spiritual, emotional, and social needs in multiple environments of an often high-risk population, using a trauma-informed care approach while maintaining a high degree of professionalism and cultural awareness.
- Participates in interdepartmental clinical team meetings to assist and encourage consistent and timely provision of services. Participates in weekly clinical staffing with other members of the clinical team to review client progress and service requirements.
- Participation in all required ABHS training.
- Abide by all applicable policies, procedures, and program standards of ABHS, White Mountain Apache Tribe, Indian Health Services, Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) and other pertinent regulatory authorities.
- Maintain ethical policies and guidelines as outlined in accepted State ethics laws, rules, policies and principles and as outlined in discipline-specific code of ethics.
- Provide a positive role model to clients and staff through leadership, self-discipline, and genuine care for the treatment and recovery of clients. All clients and staff members must be treated with dignity and respect.
- Participation in all required ABHS training.
- Reports/attends work in timely manner. Must be reliable and communicate directly with supervisor in all matters of attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- 21 years of age and possession of a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma; experience working with Native Americans preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to speak the Apache language preferred.
- Demonstrate strong critical thinking, problem-solving and organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively with a wide range of people, teams, managers, supervisors.
- MS Office proficiency and ability to correctly operate copy machine and fax.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
- Ability to pass all pre-employment testing, including, but not limited to, fingerprint clearance, drug testing and background check.
**NOTE: Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U.S. Code, Section 472 and 473).
The physical characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Constant: standing. Frequent: repetitive use of hand, walking, standing, bending neck and waist, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting neck and waist, simple grasping of left and right hand, power grasping right and left hand, fine manipulation right and left hand, pushing and pulling right and left hand, reaching above shoulder level, reaching below shoulder level, lifting objects weighing up to 25 pounds from below the waist to a height of 3 feet.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The employment is considered “at will” and agree that employment can be terminated with or without cause and with or without notice at any time at the option of either the employee or the company.
By signing below I have read and understand the job description and its essential functions and I am able to do the job:
With □ Without □ Reasonable accommodations.
ABHS Supervisor Date