Receptionist (Temporary Part-Time)
WHITE MOUNTAIN APACHE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES, INC.
CLASSIFICATION CODE: TEMPORARY - PART-TIME
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE MANAGER
STATEMENT OF JOB: This position is under the direct supervision of the Apache Behavioral Health Services (ABHS) Administrative Office Manager. This position is responsible for proactively providing a broad array of secretarial, clerical and administrative support as assigned by supervisor and or other management staff. This receptionist position is responsible for attending to clients on the phone and in person, coordinating and organizing appointments to facilitate smooth running of the clinical environment and support delivery of quality client care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for greeting clients and visitors in a welcoming, positive way, assuring sign-in process is completed efficiently and effectively.
- Accurately transfers calls to the appropriate staff and or department as needed.
- Maintains log of all incoming calls and walk in individuals requesting services.
- Ensures appropriate individuals have access to clinical areas, ensures visitor passes are distributed appropriately.
- As first contact in crisis situations, must be able to handle crisis situations in a timely and calm manner, contacting Police Department (PD, Emergency Medical Services (EMS) and appropriate clinical staff as appropriate.
- Distributes appropriate agency communications to all ABHS staff including, but not limited to, monthly calendars, on call schedule and closure dates.
- Monitors client transportation referrals, informs transportation companies of referrals and monitors availability of drivers.
- Performs clerical duties/projects as requested by supervisor or other management.
- Attends all staff meetings, in-service training or other ABHS staff functions as directed/required.
- Provides responsive, high quality service to ABHS employees, representatives of outside agencies and members of the public by providing accurate, complete and up-to-date information, in a courteous, efficient and timely manner.
- Must maintain a strict code of ethics regarding client/staff confidentiality, adhering to all HIPAA regulations. All client information is to be kept in strict confidentiality with communication limited to appropriate personnel.
- Abide by all applicable policies, procedures, and program standards of ABHS, White Mountain Apache Tribe, Indian Health Services, Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) and other pertinent regulatory authorities.
- Participation in all required ABHS training.
- Reports/attends work in timely manner. Must be reliable and communicate directly with supervisor in all matters of attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires GED or high school diploma plus two years of business office experience; Mental Health or Managed Care work experience preferred.
- Ability to operate main telephone console to accurately receive and forward high volume of incoming calls with frequent interruption to appropriate staff.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to speak the Apache language preferred.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, problem-solving, attention to detail and organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrate interpersonal and customer service skills with an ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a wide range of people, teams, managers, supervisors.
- Technology/computer proficiency, including basic computer skills which include MS Office, copy machine, scanner and fax machine/software.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to pass all pre-employment testing, including, but not limited to, fingerprint clearance and background check.
- At least 3 years’ experience working with Native Americans.
**NOTE: Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U.S. Code, Section 472 and 473).
The physical characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Constant: standing. Frequent: repetitive use of hand, walking, standing, bending neck and waist, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting neck and waist, simple grasping of left and right hand, power grasping right and left hand, fine manipulation right and left hand, pushing and pulling right and left hand, reaching above shoulder level, reaching below shoulder level, lifting objects weighing up to 25 pounds from below the waist to a height of 3 feet.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The employment is considered “at will” and agree that my employment can be terminated with or without cause and with or without notice at any time at the option of either me or the company.