WHITE MOUNTAIN APACHE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES, INC.
POSITION: FACILITIES SUPERVISOR
CLASSIFICATION CODE: NON-EXEMPT FULL TIME
REPORTS TO: FACILITIES DIRECTOR
STATEMENT OF JOB: The Facilities Supervisor is responsible for maintaining the organization's facilities' safety and security to ensure smooth and efficient business operations. This includes monitoring the adequacy of inventories, coupled with handling the budget to purchase materials and equipment for operations. The Facilities Supervisor is a “hands-on” role, which includes performance of all functions of a Facilities Maintenance Technician, while additionally supervising a team of Facilities Maintenance Technicians. The Facilities Supervisor is responsible for providing and maintaining a safe, clean, healthy working environment in the White Mountain Apache Tribe under the authority of Apache Behavioral Health Services. The Facilities Supervisor oversees and provides routine repair and general maintenance of facilities, buildings, and equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervision of Facilities Maintenance Technicians, while providing “hands-on” custodial and maintenance duties for Apache Behavioral Health Services, be moderately physically healthy and able to stay on his/her feet for hours each day, as well as bend, climb, lift and move objects.
- Implement regular inspections for all ABHS facilities areas to ensure activities are conducted safely and appropriately.
- Oversee and sanitize all ABHS facilities, meeting current COVID-19 & CDC guidelines for infectious disease and disease control safety protocols.
- Execute open, close, and secure facilities at mentioned times and check for safety and maintenance concerns, in conjunction with the ABHS Security Supervisor.
- Convey maintenance, custodial and security issues to the Facilities Director.
- Ensure to enforce and comply with all established ABHS policies and procedures.
- Develop all activity sites with necessary materials for efficient, safe, and service-oriented events.
- Compile daily & weekly work schedules for the Facilities Maintenance Technician Team, prepare necessary status updates and staff reports, facility issues, facility concerns, along with injuries and incidents to the Facilities Director.
- Perform daily management and operation of the ABHS warehouse facility within ABHS Guidelines.
- Interview, hire, train, supervise and manage a team of Facilities Maintenance Technician’s job performance.
- Schedule Facilities Maintenance Technician’s work hours, while minimizing overtime, based on volume of activity to meet company standards and ensure customer fulfillment.
- Ensure product safety during storage and material handling activities.
- Maintain facility and records to ensure compliance with company standards at the federal, State, and local levels.
- Participation in all required ABHS meetings and training, including weekly staff meetings.
- Maintain a strict code of ethics regarding client confidentiality adhering to all HIPAA standards and regulations.
- Supervises a Team of Facilities Maintenance Technicians, while simultaneously developing and maintaining a Team schedule for cleaning and needed maintenance.
- Supervise a Team of Facilities Maintenance Technicians, while providing “hands-on” cleaning, sweeping and buffing floors, cleaning walls, light switches/fixtures, window blinds and doors, shampooing rugs, washing glass (windows, exterior/interior), vacuuming floors daily, dusting and polishing furniture.
- Dispose of garbage properly - On a daily basis, empty all garbage receptacles and replace liners, to include cleaning and pick up of litter around the building and parking lot.
- Clean and sanitize kitchen area, replace paper towels, and refill hand soap.
- Service, clean/sanitize and supply all restrooms daily.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications of OSHA Guidelines.
- Set up arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
- Move and trim lawn and shrubs, use lawn mowers and hand/power trimmers and clear debris from walkway and grounds.
- Remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas, using snow shovels, and spread snow melting chemicals.
- Assist as a backup the ABHS Security Supervisor & ABHS Security Associates in monitoring building security and safety, by performing such tasks as locking doors after operation hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Unlock and lock the main entry gate daily and check security fence for damages or maintenance.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Maintain inventory of maintenance supplies and ABHS property and conduct annual inventory or as requested from supervisor for reporting purposes.
- Notify supervisor concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating system.
- Develop and maintain schedule to ensure all ABHS vehicles are clean and maintained as needed.
- Perform basic auto inspection daily regarding tire pressure, oil and fluid level checks, and vehicle damage (interior/exterior).
- Demonstrates ability to work productively and harmoniously with supervisors and co-workers.
- Effectively utilizes work time to ensure all assignments are completed in thorough, timely manner and follow through on all commitments.
- Participation in all required ABHS training.
- Reports/attends work in timely manner. Must be reliable and communicate directly with supervisor in all matters of attendance.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the supervisor.
- 18 years of age and possession of a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma; experience working with Native Americans preferred.
- Must demonstrate interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively with a wide range of people, teams, managers, supervisors.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
- Ability to pass all pre-employment testing, including, but not limited to, fingerprint clearance, drug testing and background check.
**NOTE: Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U.S. Code, Section 472 and 473).
The physical characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Constant: standing. Frequent: repetitive use of hand, walking, standing, bending neck and waist, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting neck and waist, simple grasping of left and right hand, power grasping right and left hand, fine manipulation right and left hand, pushing and pulling right and left hand, reaching above shoulder level, reaching below shoulder level, lifting objects weighing up to 75 pounds from below the waist to a height of 3 feet.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The employment is considered “at will” and agree that my employment can be terminated with or without cause and with or without notice at any time at the option of either me or the company.