Catering Staff Worker
WHITE MOUNTAIN APACHE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES, INC.
POSITION: CATERING STAFF WORKER
CLASSIFICATION CODE: NON-EXEMPT FULL TIME
DEPARTMENT: LIVING WITH PURPOSE
REPORTS TO: LIVING WITH PURPOSE SITE MANAGER
STATEMENT OF JOB: The Catering Staff Worker is responsible for providing Catering Support for agency sponsored events, on and off of the ABHS campus in a safe, clean, healthy working environment. These events offer services for the White Mountain Apache Tribe under the authority of Apache Behavioral Health Services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Ability to provide food catering services for Apache Behavioral Health Services and to be moderately physically healthy and be able to stay on his/her feet for hours each day as well as bend, climb, lift and move objects.
- Participation in all required ABHS meetings and training, including weekly staff meetings.
- Maintain a strict code of ethics regarding client confidentiality adhering to all HIPAA standards and regulations.
- Develops and maintain schedule for cleaning and needed maintenance.
- Responsible for cleaning, as associated with maintenance and upkeep of of kitchen/catering area, to include disposal of garbage properly.
- Clean and sanitize kitchen area.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for catering duties.
- Maintain inventory of catering supplies and ABHS property and conduct annual inventory or as requested from supervisor for reporting purposes.
- Demonstrates ability to work productively and harmoniously with supervisors and co-workers.
- Effectively utilizes work time to ensure all assignments are completed in thorough, timely manner and follow through on all commitments.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the supervisor.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to pass all pre-employment testing, including, but not limited to, fingerprint clearance and background check.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Must demonstrate interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively with a wide range of people, teams, managers, supervisors.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Food Handlers Card
- Must have transportation to and from work
- At least 1 year experience working with Native Americans.
**NOTE: Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U.S. Code, Section 472 and 473).
The physical characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Constant: standing. Frequent: repetitive use of hand, walking, standing, bending neck and waist, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting neck and waist, simple grasping of left and right hand, power grasping right and left hand, fine manipulation right and left hand, pushing and pulling right and left hand, reaching above shoulder level, reaching below shoulder level, lifting objects weighing up to 75 pounds from below the waist to a height of 3 feet.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The employment is considered “at will” and agree that my employment can be terminated with or without cause and with or without notice at any time at the option of either me or the company.