WHITE MOUNTAIN APACHE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES, INC.
POSITION: INTAKE CLINICIAN
CLASSIFICATION CODE: EXEMPT FULL TIME
REPORTS TO: ASSESSMENT CRISIS CLINICAL SUPERVISOR
STATEMENT OF JOB: The Intake Clinician works closely with the intake coordinators to ensure that clients are enrolled and assessed with Apache Behavioral Health Services (ABHS) within 72 hours of initial client contact. The intake clinician works closely with supervisors to appropriately triage clients to the correct ABHS department based on clinical needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Abide by all applicable policies, procedures, and program standards of ABHS, White Mountain Apache Tribe, Indian Health Services, Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) and other pertinent regulatory agencies (e.g., one’s own mental health licensing board).
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility and competence in adjusting to clientele with varying degrees of traumatic experiences and complex psychological presentations
- Ability to accurately perform assessments and diagnoses with people that presents with high comorbidity of substance abuse and trauma-related manifestations under clinical supervision.
- Ability to address a variety of diverse spiritual, emotional, and social needs in multiple environments of an often-high-risk population, using a trauma-informed care approach while maintaining a high degree of professionalism and cultural awareness.
- Ability to facilitate referral process to assure continuity of care across programs at ABHS.
- Ability to provide client walk-in services in the office as related to the enrollment and assessment of clients.
- Ability to complete timely and thorough assessments and treatment plans based on clients’ presenting needs within 72 hours of initial client contact.
- Ability to complete all other applicable client documentation in a timely manner (consent forms, releases of information, diagnostic review forms, etc.).
- Ability to coordinate with ABHS department supervisors as soon as possible to appropriately triage clients.
- Assist in the implementation of in-service training for ABHS staff.
- Ability to maintain client records in accordance with HIPAA, AHCCCS, ABHS, Federal, State, Tribal, and local requirements.
- Comply with rules governing AHCCCS/ Third Party billing systems, and IHS funding sources in clinical practices and paperwork systems.
- Maintain ethical policies and guidelines as outlined in accepted State ethics laws, rules, policies and principles and as outlined in discipline-specific code of ethics.
- Provide a positive role model to clients and staff through leadership, self-discipline, and genuine care for the treatment and recovery of clients. All clients and staff members must be treated with dignity and respect.
- Ability to provide twenty-four hour on-call rotation including irregular hours, weekend and holiday duty during on-call shift, as needed and assigned by clinical supervisor.
- Participation in all required ABHS training.
- Participates in weekly clinical staffing with other members of the clinical team to review client progress and service requirements.
- Other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor.
1. Meets requirements as a Behavioral Health Technician (BHT) as described below:
a. Has a master’s degree or bachelor’s degree in a field related to behavioral health or
b. Is a registered nurse or
c. Is a physician assistant who is not working as a medical practitioner or
d. Has a bachelor’s degree and at least one year of full time behavioral health experience or
e. Has an associate’s degree and at least two years of full time behavioral health work experience or
f. Has a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma and:
i. 18 credit hours of post-high school education in a field related to behavioral health completed no more than four years before the date the individual begins providing behavioral health services and two year of full time behavioral health work experience; or
g. Four years of full time behavioral work experience; or
h. Is licensed as a practical nurse, according to A.R.S Title 32, Chapter 15, with at least two years of full time behavioral health work experience.
- At least one year work related experience in mental health field engaged in case management, mental health, developmental disabilities, aftercare, substance abuse or related areas; experience working with Native Americans preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to speak the Apache language preferred.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, problem-solving and organizational and time management skills with ability to work independently, with flexibility within prescribed deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively with a wide range of people, teams, managers, supervisors.
- MS Office proficiency and the ability to correctly operate a copier and fax machine.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
- Ability to pass all pre-employment testing, including, but not limited to, fingerprint clearance and background check.
**NOTE: Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U.S. Code, Section 472 and 473).
The physical characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Constant: standing. Frequent: repetitive use of hand, walking, standing, bending neck and waist, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting neck and waist, simple grasping of left and right hand, power grasping right and left hand, fine manipulation right and left hand, pushing and pulling right and left hand, reaching above shoulder level, reaching below shoulder level, lifting objects weighing up to 25 pounds from below the waist to a height of 3 feet.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The employment is considered “at will” and agree that employment can be terminated with or without cause and with or without notice at any time at the option of either the employee or the company.