Data Analytics Intern (Summer 2020)
Data Analytics Intern
We’re passionate, we’re collaborative and we are growing.
We seek out students with strong academic standings, who are involved in extracurricular activities and embody our core values. Final interviews are conducted for all summer internships in our Chicago office.
Come see what we’re all about.
As a data analytics intern, you will be working with our Center of Data Excellence team providing analytical support to client‐facing teams. You will be working with both structured and unstructured data and applying data mining and other advanced analytic methodologies to identify savings opportunities for some of our clients. Your internship will also include working on a R&D project to integrate and apply the knowledge, skills, and abilities from the school curriculum to a real world application.
- Closely work with the intern supervisor to scope a R&D project to be completed during the summer internship period
- Conduct research under supervision to develop a tool/analyses for using advanced analytics tool. Work on creating a roadmap for the project and lead the execution of the project
- Work with Intern supervisor on client projects and deliver the analysis as determined
- Analyze, synthesize, and interpret large & complex data sets and find more efficient ways to package the data for the project team
- Perform data mining, exploratory data analysis, and utilize other analytic methodologies
- Identify applications for data analytics solutions. This may include predictive modeling and machine learning.
- Disseminate findings in a visual format to be able derive insights and make recommendations
- Candidate must be a junior graduating in 2021 OR currently pursuing a Master’s program. Candidate should be pursuing a degree in Information Systems /Analytics / Mathematics / Statistics OR other related field
- SQL, R, Tableau, Python (any two)
- Ability to work under tight timelines
- Ability to work independently
- Pursuing a degree in an analytics related field
- Previous work experience is a plus
It is an exciting time to join the AArete team.