Vice President of Business Development
Vice President of Business Development
We’re passionate, we’re collaborative and we are growing.
AArete is a fast growing consulting firm ready to standardize and execute formal business development team and process leveraging our current foundation. Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President of Business Development will formalize and enhance our Business Development function. We are looking for a Business Development Leader to create a strategy for developing new business relationships in multiple industry verticals including healthcare payers and providers, transportation, retail, financial services, data and technology services, etc. The Vice President of Business Development will be responsible for creating a best in class approach to strategic accounts for both existing and new logo development. Working in conjunction with our Managing Directors and firm leadership, this individual will lead the business development process and execute against the strategy while leveraging and building a team to prospect future clients and win RFPs.
At AArete we live and breathe to provide the best experience to our clients each and every day. We are passionate, have tons of energy, and love what we do – provide profitability improvement, technology, digital and data services, advisory services solutions and wow our clients with impeccable service.
Why AArete? We are a firm that relishes in being successful and living by our guiding principles to do the right thing all the time.
It is an exciting time to join the AArete team. Come join the company named in Vault’s Top 50 Firms to Work For 2019, Crain's Chicago Business Fast 50 for the 3rd time, Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Firms list for the 4th consecutive year and Consulting Magazine's Fastest Growing Firms for the 4th consecutive year
• Develop processes to enhance the management of our strategic clients and enhance the direction for business development activities
• Establish and build strong working relationships with Managing Directors and the Business Development team members
• Serve as performance leader and manage business development team members and outside vendors that support the function
• Establish multiple strategies to pursue and develop prospective clients across industries and service areas
• Analyze the competitive landscape and develop a strategic action plan for growth
• Develop training tools and documentation in support of training our Business Development team and leadership in best practices and new techniques
• Attain, and exceed, monthly, quarterly, and annual new business targets
• Identify and attend conferences, meetings, and industry events to establish leads for meetings with potential clients
• Secure and facilitate follow up meetings for AArete’s Managing Directors by successfully conducting first round meetings with C-suite executives
• Maximize and reinforce collaborative efforts and best practices between Business Development, Marketing, and Managing Directors
• Establish and measure success using KPIs including daily metrics, forecasting, territory development, and pipeline management
• 20+ year(s) of experience in a related Business Development/Sales Leadership Role at global management consulting firms
• BS/BA required; Master’s degree a plus
• Experience selling complex consulting services and various solutions
• Experience managing large strategic accounts
• Demonstrated success of managing and developing a team of business development professionals in consulting industry
• Experience managing RFPs and RFP teams
• Proven track record of developing effective business development process and strategies while collaborating with marketing
• Proven track record of closing new business and exceeding sales targets using a highly consultative approach
• Experience with CRM tools and ability to implement across the organization, knowledge in HubSpot is a plus
• Broad functional experience in areas of strategic planning, business development, market research and planning
• Travel as necessary for sales presentation and conferences