Corporate System Engineer - Openstack/Kubernetes
A10 Networks seeks a technical professional with a broad general knowledge of L4-L7 products, solutions and technologies. The successful candidate will demonstrate expertise within a specific area of technical sub-specialization in order to support end customer network design and architecture. The candidate will also periodically train end customers or channel partners on A10's product offerings and help drive sales. The candidate has to establish subject matter expertise in one or more areas of A10’s product offerings and will become a go-to person for that area for other field engineers.
- Consistent development of both Proof of Concepts (POC) and practical technical solutions
- Present and demonstrate A10 technology value proposition for end customers and channel partners.
- Definition of current key technologies, industry trends, build solutions, and demonstrations of technologies to A10 Customers and A10 Partners.
- Setup various POC and demonstrations to customers and partners for selling these solutions
- Regular participation within the SE community (answer questions, follow up on comments, etc.)
- Help provide direction to answers and/or expedite requests/questions from Regional Sales teams
- Respond to RFP/RFIs with the A10 technology partners to successfully position joint solutions to simplify complex integrations in mobile, enterprise and tradition service provider networks
- Communicate with product development team with partner software/hardware requirements and file feature requests as needed
- Provide input to product management for the current state of technology and trends evident in the industry
- Publishing of in-depth Technical Articles including solution briefs and deployment guides
Work Experience /qualification /skills
- Openstack and Kubernetes expertise
- In-depth knowledge and strong operating experience in at least one of the following areas: Enterprise Applications, Application load balancing or Network/Application Security
- Knowledge of Layer-4-7 protocols and technologies such as HTTP, DNS, SSL, Caching, and Compression
- Competitive knowledge in Layer4-7 switching including solutions, technology and product offerings
- Understanding, conversant about A10, Competitors, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
- Serves as liaison to Product Management, Product Development, Business Development and internal technology groups
- Capable of tackling and explaining technical issues without the need for supervision or assistance
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills required – both oral and written, with the ability to educate others about complex technology and clearly articulate business level benefits
- Strong ability to articulate the technical merits of proposed solutions and be able to develop content which promotes those merits
- Ability to partner effectively with product management and development to collect product/solution/service requirements and develop use cases
- 8 plus years of relevant experience
- 4-5 years of field technical sales experience as a Systems Engineer, Solutions Architect or equivalent
- Degree in BS EE, CS, or equivalent experience working with channel partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively, add value as a team member, and assume a leadership role for the team
Intrigued? Yearn to belong to a team that directly impacts in shaping our customer experience? Apply for the position and let’s get to know each other.
A10 Networks…the undiscovered gem of Silicon Valley!
A10 Networks is an equal opportunity employer and a VEVRAA federal subcontractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. A10 also complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.