Senior Manager, Global Sales Compensation and Analytics
A10 Networks (NYSE: ATEN), a leading provider of intelligent and automated cybersecurity solutions, delivers Reliable Security Always™, with a range of high-performance application networking solutions that help organizations ensure that their applications and networks remain highly available, accelerated and secure. The company routinely wins innovation awards, underscoring it product and market leadership. Founded in 2004, A10 Networks is based in San Jose, Calif., and serves its valued customers globally with offices worldwide.
Are you up for the challenge? Join us and make your impact on the future as our Senior Manager - Global Sales Compensation & Analytics, located in our office in San Jose, CA. The position reports into the Vice President, Worldwide Sales Operations.
Are you looking for that next step which can further your career and expand your horizons?
Do you thrive on number-crunching and detailed analysis?
Is accuracy and attention to detail your middle name?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, keep reading………
A Day in the Life:
The Senior Manager – Global Sales Compensation & Analytics will lead the administration of A10 Network’s Global Sales Compensation Plan. We are looking for someone who pays strong attention to detail, is highly organized, and has experience leading a global sales compensation program. Excellent oral and written communication skills are also required to interface in a cross functional team environment with various levels of management.
- Global leader for design, develop, implement and administration of sales compensation plan to drive the sales team achieving the company’s annual operation plan/goal
- Manage the annual sales compensation planning projects by partnering with global sales leaders, Human Resources, Finance and Legal to deliver innovative solutions, and to formulate and implement plan design initiatives
- Collaborate with global sales leaders to create a streamlined process to deploy quota and implement account and territory assignments, and distribute sales plans to global sales team
- Manage monthly/quarterly commission calculation for the global sales team
- Partner with Sales Operations, Accounting and Finance teams to manage the monthly close process of sales commission accrual and produce sales compensation forecast
- Work with Accounting and Payroll to communicate and process monthly/quarterly commission payments accurately and on time
- Track special incentive and performance KPI’s
- Administer the draw, MBO and SPIFF payout
- Manage the day to day operations of commission calculation process with our Microsoft Access Commission Database
- Generate and distribute monthly/quarterly commission statement and bookings detail report to global sales team
- Provide ongoing support and resolve commission calculation-related inquiries and exceptions with the global sales team
- Work closely with Human Resource and accurately track global sales employee data for new hires, compensation changes and terminations
- Timely electronic distribution of sales compensation plan and individual Exhibit A to global sales team for acceptance
- Design, analyze and manage sales program (SPIFFs)
- Analyze the sales productivity and the effectiveness of the sales compensation plan
- Analyze and prepare Board of Directors and QBR presentations for WW Sales EVP and global sales leaders
- Analyze and prepare quarterly productivity and sales performance analysis
- Assist with ad hoc commission data gathering, reporting, analysis and other projects as needed
- Manage the Global Sales Compensation Analyst(s) that assist with all the above functions
We are a match if you have the following:
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in global sales compensation, sales and/or sales operations
- BA or BS in Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Deep understanding of sales compensation structures, elements and measurements
- Desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Ability to independently discern insights from data, simplify the complex and identify root causes
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Ability to present, articulate, and defend analyses, diplomatically, on a routine basis
- Profound analytical and critical thinking skills, with exemplary attention to detail
- Advanced Excel and Salesforce.com skills required
- Experience with Xactly and Microsoft Access database is a plus, but not required
The future of application, cloud, security, and analytics is exploding at A10 Networks.
A10 Networks is an equal opportunity employer and a VEVRAA federal subcontractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. A10 also complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.