Senior Solutions Engineer
The primary responsibility of the solution engineer will be to design, architect and document integration of A10 products and technologies with various Cloud, SDN and NFV ecosystems. The right candidate should have a very good understanding of virtualization, networking and security concepts for Data Center and he/she should have experience with public and private cloud architectures. Following are the key job requirements
- Work with engineering, product management and product marketing to create technical solutions, architecture to drive integration of A10 Products with various SDN and Cloud ecosystems (both private and public clouds).
- Build, maintain and operate proof of concept labs for A10 Cloud and SDN solution integration with various SDN and Cloud ecosystems various SDN and Cloud ecosystems
- Develop technical collateral (solution brief, solution guides, videos, presentations) for consumption of A10 customers and field engineers.
- Develop automation / configuration management modules using Ansible, Puppet, Chef etc.
- Develop technical training material for field and internal stakeholders to simplify and scale A10’s Cloud, SDN solutions for ADC, CGN and TPS products
Skillset requirements for this job
- Minimum Bachelor of Engineering/Computer Science with 5 years of experience of Networking Technologies in fields such as technical or product marketing or engineering.
- In depth technical knowledge of Routing and Switching, Network Security, Web Services based Application Frameworks and Application Networking Protocols
- Domain expertise in IP networking, in particular data center networking, application delivery controllers (ADC), Firewalls etc.
- Experience with private, public or hybrid cloud technologies such as Amazon AWS, Azure, VMware and alternate cloud products and technologies.
- Highly desirable to have working knowledge of virtualization technologies such as VMware ESXi, KVM, Microsoft Hyper-V, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Network orchestration and controller systems such as Cisco ACI or VMware NSX, Open Daylight and other SDN solutions.
- Good understanding of enterprise application software architectures and technologies, APIs, SDKs and technologies such as REST, XML, etc.
- Proficiency in Java technologies, DevOps tools, Python, Ansible, Puppet/Chef, Salt
- Hands on experience in setting up labs and demos and ability to troubleshoot networks
- Proficiency in Linux and prior OpenStack experience in one or more components:
- Compute (Nova; Glance)
- Networking (Neutron) with LBaaS, FWaaS, VPNaaS
- Orchestration (Heat)
- Monitoring and reporting (Ceilometer)
- Security (Keystone)
- UI customization (Horizon)
Other skills desirable
• Ability to work in a cross functional environment with geographically dispersed team members
• Ability to thrive in an environment requiring significant multitasking/content switching
• Strong communication skills (oral and written) and technical writing skills (English)
• Ability to work under limited supervision in defining initial goals and addressing complex issues
• Excellent understanding of the industry landscape (competitors and partners)
• Highly proficient and thorough understanding of product marketing engineering tools and techniques