Senior Systems Engineer
Do you get excited about solving problems that no one has figured out yet? Want to work with the best products and technologies in the industry? Do you have a solid understanding of Layer 4-7 platforms and technologies? Ready to move into new security challenges? Like moving fast and working closely with development? If so, keep reading.............
A10 Networks seeks a Sr. Systems Engineer to partner with our Regional Sales Manager in a pre-sales and post-sales technical role. This individual must be highly motivated and be able to work independently and as a team.
Daily activities include:
- Showcasing A10 Networks' product solutions.
- Setting up demonstrations and proof pf concepts.
- Explaining features and benefits to highly technical customers.
- Design and configure products to meet specific customer needs.
- Respond to customer queries and RFPs.
- Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities.
In additional to technological aptitude, and the ability to learn quickly and stay current, the ideal candidate's interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills should evoke passion and confidence. In addition to the above daily activities this person will:
- Be accountable for direct account and partner responsibilities for selected accounts in assigned territory.
- Keep up-to-date on Layer4-7 Switching and Security competitive solutions, products and services.
- Provide technical and sales support for accounts in assigned territory.
- Perform technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects.
- 4+ years of Layer 4-7 Switching experience and expertise
- Strong knowledge of Layer 2-3 switching/routing
- Industry standard application delivery controller product experience required
- Technical Pre-Sales experience
- BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent
Must have in-depth knowledge in at least one of the following areas of specialization:
- Application Acceleration
- Web Application Firewalls
- DDoS mitigation
- IPv6 Migration technologies
- In-depth knowledge and strong operating experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Enterprise Applications
- Network Security
- Network Address Translation
- Knowledge of Layer-4-7 protocols and technologies such as HTTP, DNS, SSL, Caching, and Compression.
- Programming experience with languages such as TCL, Python or Java is desired.
- Competitive knowledge in Layer4-7 switching including solutions, technology and product offerings.
- Understanding and conversant about company, competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to work as a self-starter and add value to the team.
- Understanding of the sales process.
- A senior leadership team that hasn’t forgotten what it’s like to be in the trenches
- A culture of authentic, savvy, engaged people who collaborate to achieve greatness
- Top- notch technology and a forward-thinking environment that supports innovation
- A climate that embraces autonomy where you can leave your footprint and make an impact
- Healthy benefits starting on the first day of employment
Intrigued? Yearn to belong to a team that directly impacts in shaping our customer experience? Apply for the position and let’s get to know each other.
A10 Networks…the undiscovered gem of Silicon Valley!
A10 Networks is an equal opportunity employer and a VEVRAA federal subcontractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. A10 also complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.