Director, Systems Engineering
Does scaling, empowering and leading a team of charismatic performers make you want to jump out of bed in the morning? Do you get excited staying on the pulse of technology and security? Does solving technical problems for your customer’s bring you joy? If so, keep reading………………………….
We are looking for a high energy and experienced technology executive to join the “automation for secure applications cloud networking and security pioneer A10 Networks”. As the Systems Engineering Manager, you’ll be leading Systems Engineers providing hands-on leadership and strategic revenue growth.
This position is a Systems Engineering leadership role responsible for driving A10 Networks Application Delivery Controller, DDoS Mitigation, Security, SSL Visibility and Carrier Grade NAT Solutions. This is a customer facing role that focuses on supporting our systems engineering team as we together uncover business benefits for customers when moving to A10 Networks ADC, DDoS Mitigation, Security, SSL Visibility and CGN solutions. There is direct responsibility for leading and managing a team of high functioning, technical experts in a rapidly evolving environment.
Leadership by example and influence is a critical skill in this role as you drive A10 Networks strategy. Providing leadership to regional account teams to help them develop strategy and obtain corporate resources in the largest accounts is crucial. Customer satisfaction and success is key; a high amount of focus is placed on finding new opportunities and developing reference-able customers. This leader should bring innovative approaches to driving business and be able to quickly build relationships and a network of resources that will benefit the business.
The ideal candidate will be self-driven and have a background in stateful technologies like load balancing, security and/or application optimization area, along with strong hands on experience in routing and switching technologies. The best candidate will have a background in large enterprise and service provider sector and understand how to approach customers in these markets to drive understanding and preference to A10 Networks ADC, CGN, SSL Visibility, anti-DDoS, and Security solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This role will work with an Area Sales Vice President to drive the business to stretch performance while focusing on customer satisfaction, developing the systems engineering team, and working with extended teams, such as Corporate Systems Engineering, Technical Support, Software Engineering, Marketing, Channels, Business Development, and the like
- BS in computer related field or Equivalent industry Experience outside of management
- Minimum five (5) + years management or technical leadership experience required
- Demonstrates the characteristics of a technical leader
- Ability to present topics in a clear and concise manner to many levels of business leaders and audience sizes
- Knowledge of stateful network technologies.
- Familiarity with Application Delivery Controllers, Security Products, SSLi, and IPv6 Migration Technologies
- Must have understanding of the Layer 4-7 space
- Strong business acumen and customer presence
- There will be travel required in the region stated above.
- A culture of authentic, savvy, engaged people that collaborate to achieve greatness
- Top- notch technology and a forward-thinking environment that supports innovation
- Excellent benefits starting on the first day of employment
- A generous ESPP program
- And most of all? A seat at the table where your ideas are encouraged and appreciated
Intrigued? Apply below and let’s get to know each other.
A10 Networks……………..the undiscovered global jewel of the Silicon Valley!
A10 Networks is an equal opportunity employer and a VEVRAA federal subcontractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. A10 also complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.