Director, Business Development
High energy and experienced business development leader to join the “automation for secure applications “ cloud networking and security pioneer A10 Networks in a Director/Manager Business Development role based in San Jose, California.
The successful candidate will report to the Global Field Sales CTO and will be responsible for developing and expanding the global alliance and technology partner ecosystem in the growth areas of security, cloud and 5G worldwide. In this role, the leader will focus on innovative solution development with leading telco/wireless equipment/solution vendors, leveraging our disruptive security and cloud product portfolio and solutions. This leader will be responsible for establishing new security partnerships, managing the overall day-to-day global alliances and technology partner engagements, negotiate strategic agreements and collaborate closely with solution architects and an extended team of field sales and technical resources to execute the joint solutions.
This leader will have direct impact on the global security growth strategy, the development of new and innovative security and cloud solutions and the cultivation of CxO and executive relationships globally. This vital position is based in San Jose, California and will require up to 50% travel, with trips across the US, Asia, Latin America and Europe. Ready to join a high-energy team and drive pro-actively innovation and security sales growth – join us @ A10 Networks!
- Leadership role focused on security alliances and technology partnership development with leading telco/wireless equipment/solution vendors worldwide.
- Identify new differentiated and disruptive security solutions to grow and strengthen new and existing partnerships that deliver value and revenue to A10 and the entire field sales organization
- Initiate, structure, lead, negotiate and close tactical and strategic commercial agreements with new and existing alliance and technology partners
- Manage the overall day to day alliance solution sales initiatives and enablement by working closely with an extended team of A10 technical solution architects, field sales, marketing and operational resources.
- Close engagement with global field sales teams to identify and assess potential new partnership opportunities and support the successful sales process and execution.
- Work with key stakeholders within the CTO, Product Management, Marketing and Sales team in the Silicon Valley and globally on new and innovative solutions
- Seeking candidates with a mix of extensive business and technology experience.
- 15+ years of industry experience within Business Development, Product Management and Strategic Alliances. Extensive relationships and experience working with leading telco/wireless equipment/solution vendors.
- Prior working experience in (or with) Netcracker/NEC and broad understanding of Netcracker/NEC’s business units, products and customers is highly desired.
- Fluency in Japanese language is highly desired as this person will work extensively with our Japanese colleagues and stakeholders at NEC’s headquarter in Japan.
- Strong understanding of security infrastructure, DDoS mitigation and detection, application networking, SDN/NFV transformation, cloud infrastructure and services and mobile networks evolution, including IoT.
- Great track record of strategic partnerships and alliance development with global System Integrators and cloud providers resulting in exceeding annual targets and MBO’s.
- Vast hands-on experience developing, structuring and closing large international business contracts.
- Superior presentation skills and written communication as well as problem solving skills at both a strategic and functional level
- Excellent technical, industry, business and cross-functional knowledge.
- Solid work ethic, customer focused, team player, with passion for success.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; Master’s degree in Business preferred.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, A10 Networks is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. A10 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.