Senior Staff Software Engineer
• Participate/lead in software development projects in Hardware and Virtualization platforms
• Participate/lead in software development projects that provide infrastructure for both control plane and data plane applications in a high performance data networking device.
• Participate in architecture discussions and planning with software development
• Write design documents and unit test plans for software projects
• Provide technical leadership and mentoring to junior team members.
• Communicate with team members and report weekly on projects progress.
• Strong C programming skills and hands-on development experience using Linux
• Extended knowledge of Linux/Unix kernel internals and Linux kernel driver concepts
• Experience in multi-threading, multi-core, and real-time high availability embedded systems is a plus.
• Hands on experience with at least one of the virtualization & cloud areas like ESXi, KVM, HyperV, Azure, AWS
• Good understanding of control plane and data plane architecture in networking devices.
• Experience with TCP/IP and knowledgeable with common standard IP protocols such as ARP, IP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, etc.
• Experience programming with one scripting language: shell, python, etc.
• Previous experience in writing platform/system level software
• Experience in performance analysis and tuning
• Self-starter with the ability to work with others on large projects
• Excellent communication skills.
• Quality thinker that is open-minded, creative, intelligent, and self-confident
• Delivers within timelines based on high quality, sustainable results.
• MS plus 6 or BS plus 8 years or PhD plus 3 in CS/CE or equivalent