Global Communications Manager
505 Games is searching for a highly motivated, results oriented marcomm professional to lead Strategic Global Communication planning. This is a key role within the Global Marketing Team that will drive global consumer communication planning efforts for 505 Games’ large and diverse portfolio of award-winning games spanning across multiple gaming platforms, markets and business models.
This passionate gaming professional will be responsible for – product and corporate PR, global comms planning, and supporting on strategic events such as E3, GDC and Gamescom. This exciting position will help contribute to the successful launch of premium and free-to-play games on console, PC and mobile.
- Create, manage and continuously develop 505’s internal and external communication initiatives, leading the creation of the global communications plans for our games.
- Be a voice for regional and territory teams to ensure communication needs, events and opportunities are considered during planning. Manage information flow between teams.
- Develop 505’s Corporate Communication strategy and elevate public awareness of the company, its employees, and their accomplishments.
- Liaise with Brand and Corporate teams to coordinate communication planning and align objectives and needs. Develop guidelines for efficient information flow.
- Act as a key point of contact for corporate communication functions within 505.
- Set 505’s editorial tone, style, and quality of all outbound communications including press releases, marketing copy and media assets.
- Manage global communications reporting; sharing results vs. KPIs, key learnings and relevant insights to key stakeholders and senior management.
- Build strong relationships with global media partners, influencers, and industry professionals to help position 505 and / or Digital Bros positively within the industry.
- Lead global event planning and execution of consumer and corporate trade shows and events such as E3, GDC and Gamescom. Own 505’s event P&L and manage events from start to finish.
- Developed global communication plans by coordinating with multiple markets and departments to create one comprehensive consumer plan.
- Direct experience in working at a PR agency as well as working at a game publisher who managed an external PR agency.
- Developed and executed marketing communications campaigns end-to-end, from announcement through launch and even sunset.
- Managed communications for titles across multiple platforms with varying business models – F2P (mobile, console, PC), Premium (retail, digital, mobile, console, PC) and Online (live service support regardless of platform or model).
- Exposure to corporate communications initiatives with an understanding of being a publicly traded company and its implications.
- Experience in working with mid-tier titles, not just AAA games or indie games.
- Coordinated directly with external Studio partners, not just internal studios.
- Maintained effective relationships directly with key editorial outlets.
- Executed consumer and press events both small and large, domestic and international.
- Bachelor’s degree with a Marketing or Communications focus.
- 7+ Years of communications experience in the video game industry.
Requirements & Skills
- Strong Product PR – Strategic planning, objective setting and tactical execution of campaigns.
- Consumer & Corporate Events – Domestic, international, physical, digital, press and consumer.
- Can apply a global point of view to Strategic Planning – understands good comms ideas and tactics can come from any region or territory, and plans without regional bias.
- Modern Media and Marketing – Influencers, video content, custom editorial and more…
- Building New IP, Launching Games and Sustaining Live Games – F2P and premium games across mobile, PC and console platforms.
- Strong Industry Connections with a Positive Reputation.
- Problem Solver and Strategic Thinker with Project Management Skills.
- Great Writing Capabilities – Creative yet quantitative with ability to adjust based on audience.
- Strong Negotiation and Communication Skills.
- Bi-lingual Italy / English a big plus.
In summary, we are looking for a motivated self-starter who is ready to hit the ground running in an energetic, successful environment. At 505 Games, the ability to think and act globally while working locally is what we need to further our corporate goals of consistently producing and bringing to market the best games. Come join us!