Associate Producer – Free to Play
505 Games is looking for an Associate Producer to join the Free to Play team to help support development efforts as part of a growing product slate. The Associate Producer will support the day-to-day management of free to play videogames with our development partners. Responsibilities include forging strong, successful partnerships with our development teams, including day-to-day communication and support as necessary. It also includes supporting and/or leading localization efforts, supporting and/or leading QA efforts and closely tracking the submission and approval process and reporting updates to all necessary parties.
The Associate Producer is expected to be a self-starter, possess a meticulous attention to detail. They will also take on project lead responsibilities for small projects the team is managing by working directly with Development, QA, Legal and Marketing to drive the project(s) from start to completion in a short period of time.
- Assist Producers and Studio Heads with coordinating a variety of production oriented tasks, objectives, planning and scheduling.
- Work closely with producers, developers and other departments around the organization to plan, cost, implement, and deliver the best game possible.
- Support in interfacing with Publishing Production and Quality Assurance teams.
- Assist Producers in keeping the schedules, documentation, and bug database organized and up to date.
- Communicate frequently with the producers and team leads on project status, risks, and opportunities
- Review and evaluate the games; provide on-going feedback on builds to drive product quality. Be the go-to person for in game knowledge. Know the competition and category.
- Distribute builds and game assets to key stakeholders.
- Update game documentation and flow charts.
- Own the localization process, manage deliveries of text, ensure translations are completed and PO’s are in place. Ensure delivery of Localized builds to QA.
- Coordinate with Developer, Business Intelligence, UA and Ad Publishing teams to ensure that all SDK’s and analytics are properly implemented, all necessary events are tracked and tools are tested and ready by soft launch.
- Track and process payments/invoices.
- Build awareness and promote alignment of project goals, schedules, and milestones across the team.
- Facilitate communication and take ownership on key production aspects with external partners, as determined by the Project Lead (e.g. 1st Party , legal teams, marketing etc.).
- Coordinate with Submissions, Product Management, Marketing, UA, Community, Customer Service and Development to ensure all necessary materials are in place for submission.
- Submit to Apple and Google Play. Be knowledgeable and confident with Appstore Connect, Google Play, TestFlight and MS App Center. Work with the submission team to get builds delivered to 1st Party console and PC.
- Coordinate and Support management of Live and Digital Operations
- Coordinate with Business Analysis team to track KPI’s and provide feedback on suggested changes to improve KPI’s.
- Help identify risks appropriately, communicate all roadblocks and assist with mitigation plans
- Assist with improvements of the development pipeline and process
- Work with team leads to determine resources necessary to see projects through to completion.
- Help make informed decisions in conjunction with team leads on work methods, development pipeline, and available resources.
- Schedule and attend meetings; take concise and comprehensive notes and distribute them to appropriate personnel.
- Be eager to learn everything possible about game production, free to play and live operations.
- Contribute to a positive work environment.
- College degree or equivalent preferred.
- Understanding of Free to Play compulsion loops, monetization strategies and KPIs.
- 2+ years experience in free to play videogame game production; experience with shipped games preferred.
- Previous Associate Producer experience at a game developer strongly preferred.
- Game Design knowhow and experience particularly in Free to Play is a plus.
- 2 – 4 years of Developer or Publishing Quality Assurance. Both Preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of Jira, Confluence and/or other database software strongly preferred.
- A strong background and understanding of multi-platform video game production preferred.
- Highly organized and self-directed; able to keep on an assigned track without supervision. Required.
- Deadline driven and detail-oriented – a strategic thinker who also has a high attention to detail. Required.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Online/internet skills.
- Solid knowledge of Google Suite including Drive, Docs, Sheets and Slides.
- Experience with Photoshop and/or Illustrator a plus.
- Experience building complex Power Point presentations ideal.
- Must excel at following up on task completion, identifying dependencies and disseminating information to staff and management.
- Established communication, people, presentation and organizational skills.
- Respect for all internal process, and a strong desire to learn and drive to those processes.
- Resourcefulness, enthusiasm, and self-motivation.
- Must be a strong, clear communicator.
- Up-to-date knowledge of videogame industry and games particularly Free to Pay is required.
- Passion for videogames. Required.
- Must own at least 1 current Gen Game System.
- Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Some travel will be required.