Communications and Events Manager, North America & Americas
The 505 Games Communications and Events Manager for North America will manage all outward-facing communications and content including strategic planning, execution, reporting, and analysis. Along with the Marketing Director of North America, this role will oversee the day-to-day management of our PR agency, develop and maintain personal and company relationships with key press, and coordinate company efforts at industry events and promotions.In addition to the above, this is a role that necessitates high levels of collaboration and communication across multiple stakeholders and cross-functional teams. If you feel up to the challenge to be the primary driver of external communications for one of the top Video Games publishers, make sure you review the details below:
- Partner with internal global PR/Marketing teams across Marketing, Public Relations, Influencer, Social, First Party, Retail, CRM, and other channels to develop, align, and execute campaigns.
- Drive Corporate Communication efforts to bolster the 505 and/ or Digital Bros Brand and elevate public awareness of the company, its employees, and their accomplishments.
- Develop and execute plans for online and in-person events, including logistics, submissions, and approval chains.
- Manage and coordinate internal production and approval pipeline for a broad variety of assets including screenshots, video assets, blog posts, key art, marketing copy, messaging, etc
- Liaise with community teams to coordinate efforts and maximize results.
- Offer strategic counsel to company leadership and manage crisis communications as needed.
- Identify, develop, and manage metrics and KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) to prove the success of Communications initiatives.
- Build lasting relationships with the press, gaming partners, developers, key community members, and influencers.
- Ability to objectively interpret and incorporate feedback from sister (Brand, First Party, Production, and Executive) divisions.
- On an as-needed basis, serve as a studio spokesperson and travel to act in that capacity at events and in media interviews.
- Take responsibility for personal growth and development of leadership skills using available resources, on-the-job training, and mentoring.
- Be a strong team player assisting and augment the media, influencer, and CRM efforts occurring concurrently as part of overall marketing campaigns.
- Other duties may be assigned based on your interest and/or company need
- Minimum 4-8 years of relevant experience in communications, marketing, journalism, and/or related fields within the video game industry
- Experience working in the videogame industry a major plus.
Requirements & Skills
- Passion for storytelling, games, branded entertainment, characters, and worlds – we wish you to love these products and the characters that they are based on!
- Proficient in current trends and established best practices within the PR/Communication fields.
- The ability and want to track the success of your campaigns – sharing results, key learnings, and insights that can be applied on a go-forward basis.
- Excellent writing, grammar, and content-creation abilities including written and video.
- Top organization skills and ability to manage multiple titles/campaigns simultaneously.
- Add value through active participation in meetings, contribution while setting campaign strategies and tactics. Be not afraid to speak up and have a point of view.
- Cultural awareness and the perspective to work with our international team.
- Being proactive with a clearly defined ability to work independently.
In summary, we are looking for a motivated self-starter who is ready to hit the ground running in an energetic, successful environment. At 505 Games, the ability to think and act globally while working locally is what we need to further our corporate goals of consistently producing and bringing to market the best games. Come join us!