1st Party Partnerships Manager
505 Games is searching for a collaborative, highly-organized individual with project management and partnership experience to help support the Global 1st Party Team. The main aim for this role is to drive incremental revenue, execute high-level plans, and find new and exciting ways to get 505 titles into the hands of players all over the world!
The ideal candidate needs relevant account management experience- a customer-focused leader, with a proven track record building successful long-term B2B relationships with strategic partners. This position will help contribute to the successful launch and monetization of console, mobile and PC games both premium and free-to-play with partners such as Nintendo, Valve, Sony, Microsoft, Google, Epic, Nvidia, AMD and more…
The ideal candidate loves games and understands the market. An understanding of Marketing is also preferable as many opportunities rely on wider support post launch. Playing a pivotal role within the central publishing service, the Partnerships Manager will aid in all aspects of a digital title launch including store set up, store merchandising and marketing as well as global promotions. The candidate must demonstrate attention to detail in all aspects of work whilst in a demanding, deadline driven environment. Must be able to multi-task and prioritize duties to meet the day to day demands of the business, whilst being professional and approachable especially when under pressure. Must be comfortable working independently.
This role works directly with key personnel in Europe, North America and China and reports to the Strategic Partnership Director.
Primary Responsibilities of Role:
Facilitate day-to-day business flow and relationship management – an account manager for all 1st Party Partners. Ensure the lines of communication are open between 505 Games and key partners to build and foster all possible monetization opportunities. Understand the wider business model for each partner, balancing those options which harness revenue vs free support.
Become the ambassador for all key 505 Games titles, working with Brand, Marketing, PD, Submissions and Operations to ensure all programs are booked, planned and executed efficiently. Work closely with all Partners to fully understand and digest the various business models as well as nuisances per each game in order to present relevant and timely programs. Where necessary obtain guidance from internal teams and developers to ensure operationally activity and assets are provided accurately.
- Work with key partners to generate digital revenue and earn meaningful 1st Party support for both new and back catalogue titles
- Build, foster and maintain strong working relationships with key partners including Nintendo, Valve, Sony, Microsoft, Epic, Nvidia, AMD etc for games with various business models including premium, free-to-play and interesting hybrid models with value priced games, early access programs and more…
- Pitch and secure unique digital programs - define new go-to-market programs for key launches to drive maximum revenue potential exploring all strategic promotional opportunities across each individual partner
- Foster key relationships to build out new business and commercial opportunities
- Become the 1st Party go-to person internally for key partners ensuring all day to day account needs are met
- Contact existing and past clients to foster relationships, understand their upcoming needs and educate them on 505 titles
- Be accountable for marketing and promoting all gaming activations to maximize audience engagement
- Create and circulate regular reports to Strategic Partnership Director providing campaign updates
- Where necessary, ensure all contracts are presented and signed off by Senior Management and legal as well as working with finance to ensure all payment schedules are up to date
- Work with Brand teams to ensure individual game contracts are adhered to and any partnership programs fall in line with existing obligations and timelines
- Support Director and other team members to ensure each game is represented on each platform accurately and sufficient marketing is in place to further enhance visibility within the store or service
- Gaming industry experience valued but not essential
- 4-5+ years account management experience
- Proficient at Office applications – Word, Excel, PPT, etc
- Strong industry connections with a positive reputation
- Problem solver and strategic thinker with critical and creative thinking ability
- Strong skills in relationship building and the delicate balance of negotiating
- Detail oriented with project management tracking capabilities
- Success in achieving sales targets in the highly dynamic environment of digital publishing
- Strong written and communication skills with ability to represent company professionally
- A proven track record of success working with all major gaming partners
- Experience in working with games of all formats, genres, models and platforms
- Understanding of the production and marketing process for taking a game to market
- International and domestic travel for key events and meetings
- Flexible work hours to ensure communication with key partners internally and externally
- Bachelor’s degree with a Business or Marketing focus