Software Development Engineer (Frontend)
4C is building the leading self-service intelligence platform for marketers to drive business outcomes across closed ecosystems. Brands, agencies, and media owners around the world trust Scope by 4C™ to surface insights about their most valuable consumers and creatives, and activate them across channels and devices. With over $2 billion in annualized advertising spend running through Scope, 4C bridges linear television, streaming video, digital commerce, and social media. Founded in 2011 and based in Chicago, 4C has staff in the United States, United Kingdom, the Netherlands, and Singapore. Visit www.4Cinsights.com for more information.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The ideal candidate would have demonstrated skills in JS and React, familiarity with accessibility guidelines, and the high fidelity implementation of front end design.
- Build, test and ship new user facing code in modern tools like React, ES6, Redux, Jest and Webpack
- Partner with Product, Developers, and UX Designers to interpret user flows and wireframes for interaction design and development
- Create trustworthy user experiences by building products that are simple, easy to understand, performant and reliable
- Advise on feasibility and offer creative solutions for interactive UI elements, optimal user experience and efficiency
- Turn design concepts into polished, accessible, cross-browser, responsive templates and reusable components
- Leverage your experience with a broad range of technology stacks, platforms and workflow tools to do your best work and teach others to do the same
- Articulate a long term vision for maintaining and scaling our frontend
REQUIRED BACKGROUND AND SKILLS
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar demonstrated professional experience with strong computer science fundamentals
- You've at least 2-3 years of professional experience with production scale modern JS frameworks (React, Ember, Angular, Vue, etc.)
- You've demonstrated experience with HTML5, CSS3 and preprocessors like LESS/SCSS
- You understand working in a collaborating environment using tools like Git
- You've dealt with state management middleware, preferably Redux
- Demonstrated experience with RESTful APIs and/or GraphQL
- You've worked directly with UX designers / product managers
- Experience with accessibility
- You're familiar with UNIX and the terminal
- Knowledge of both cross-browser, cross-platform optimization
We offer a challenging job in a dynamic international environment. At 4C you have the opportunity to make an impact. We are proud of our open and informal culture. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Matching 401K, Unlimited Vacation and Maternity and Paternity Leave. The salary will be commensurate with experience.