Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET)
4C is building the leading self-service intelligence platform for marketers to drive business outcomes across closed ecosystems. Brands, agencies, and media owners around the world trust Scope by 4C™ to surface insights about their most valuable consumers and creatives, and activate them across channels and devices. With over $2 billion in annualized advertising spend running through Scope, 4C bridges linear television, streaming video, digital commerce, and social media. Founded in 2011 and based in Chicago, 4C has staff in the United States, United Kingdom, the Netherlands, and Singapore. Visit www.4Cinsights.com for more information.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
4C is looking for talented software developers engineers in Test who are passionate about solving real problems and excited about using the latest technology to do it.
As an engineer on the team, you will be responsible for helping designing and implementing our UI Test automation system. Both creating low level libraries, and designing the tests to automate.
This Framework is coded in Python and uses Selenium. Experience in both Selenium and Python are REQUIRED. Experience in Page Object Model is highly desirable.
You will be working closely with people across engineering, QA, product, and design.
- Work on the implementation of web UI test automation system, based on Python and Selenium
- Participate in Code Reviews to ensure the framework’s quality
- Be familiar with 4C UI platform
- Design and develop new automated test cases and test suites.
- Review and analyze software requirements for completeness, lack of ambiguity, and testability.
- Find creative solutions to moderately defined problems
REQUIRED BACKGROUND AND SKILLS:
- Strong Software Engineering and test principles.
- Software Engineer or BS in Computer Science.
- 1+ years experience in SDET role.
- 1+ years of test automation experience, and complete understanding of the entire automation structure (design, development, execution, analysis, communication of results, maintenance).
- Experience developing test frameworks in Python.
- Experience using Selenium Webdriver, XPATH and CSS Selector.
- Strong understanding in how the DOM works preferred.
- Experience with “Page Object Model” desired.
- Preferred experience with GitHub commands and the coding workflow.
- Basic understanding of Jenkins and how the build works.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
We offer a challenging job in a dynamic international environment. At 4C you have the opportunity to make an impact. We are proud of our open and informal culture. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Matching 401K, Unlimited Vacation and Maternity and Paternity Leave. The salary will be commensurate with experience.