Software Development Engineer (Fullstack)
4C is building the leading self-service intelligence platform for marketers to drive business outcomes across closed ecosystems. Brands, agencies, and media owners around the world trust Scope by 4C™ to surface insights about their most valuable consumers and creatives, and activate them across channels and devices. With over $2 billion in annualized advertising spend running through Scope, 4C bridges linear television, streaming video, digital commerce, and social media. Founded in 2011 and based in Chicago, 4C has staff in the United States, United Kingdom, the Netherlands, and Singapore. Visit www.4Cinsights.com for more information.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
4C is looking for talented Software Development Engineers who are passionate about solving real problems and excited about using the latest technology to do it.
As an engineer on the team, you will be responsible for helping craft the future of our service - both on the frontend interfaces and the backend APIs to support it. You will be working closely with people across engineering, product, and design to help develop an amazing experience for our agency & brand customers.
A little about our team: we are a fullstack team of experts in frontend, backend, product and design. We care deeply about our stack and tools, focusing on the best to get the job done. We've built a large modern single-page Ember application which we are rapidly moving to React. Performance is incredibly important to us, as we often need to surface extremely large datasets to our users. We are a team that values continuous learning, curiosity, clear communication, deep self-motivation and are committed to building an inclusive environment for everyone.
- Build, test and ship new user facing code in modern tools like React, ES6, Redux, Jest and Webpack
- Create trustworthy user experiences by building products that are simple, easy to understand, performant and reliable
- Design highly performant and tested APIs and internal services using tools like Python, Celery, Kubernetes, MySQL, Mongo and Redis
- Articulate a long term vision for maintaining and scaling our systems across the board
- Work with other engineers, product mangers, designers and leadership to turn our vision into a concrete roadmap every quarter
- At least 2-3 years of experience in software engineering with strong computer science fundamentals
- You've architected, built, scaled and maintained production services
- You've designed, built and shipped modern, component-based user interfaces
- You write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your users
- You're passionate about building technology at scale and solving challenges for your customers in creative and innovative ways
NICE TO HAVES:
- You've worked with modern Python and large backend services using technologies such as Flask
- Experience working with both SQL and no-SQL databases
- Previous experience working with third-party APIs at scale (such as Facebook Graph API)