Group Analytics Director
Group Analytics Director
22squared is seeking a data-driven Group Analytics Director to lead strategic business planning, marketing campaign success and stewardship for a measurement-driven retail client. Candidates should possess strong leadership skills, demonstrate proven success in integrated account growth opportunities, and deep experience managing digital-centric and technology-focused measurement initiatives. The Group Analytics Director manages client projects including 1-3 year enterprise level measurement visions, and will identify opportunities as a measurement thought leader bringing innovative solutions to an increasingly complex digital landscape.
Day to Day:
- Holistic Measurement Approach
- Responsible for leading Analyst(s), internal 22 team members, and clients to measure and analyze the performance of media using a variety of methods and approaches.
- Work collaboratively with teams across departments (primarily account management, media, technology and creative), and with vendors, to ensure timely structured reporting, analysis and delivery of actionable insights and recommendations to measure and optimize enterprise marketing activity.
- Understand client challenges and business objectives and lead the development and activation of measurement strategy/plans with a focus on understanding the consumer journey and the path to conversion.
- Guide the use of various digital analytics data sets to tell a story about user experience and customer journey by providing insights into audience behavior and engagement.
- Responsible for bringing insights from various methods and data sets into a centralized view that contributes to and prioritizes against business impact. (media & CRM).
- Ensures that data collection and tagging implementations successfully align with measurement strategy, and validates that Ad Operations and Tagging teams have comprehensive tagging instructions and documentation.
- Collaborate with internal and client leads to develop enterprise marketing (media/audience) test and measurement design, promotional tracking, post campaign analysis, business insights, and recommended actions across all marketing channels both online and offline.
- Future Focused
- Setting 1-3 year client-specific measurement visions across analytics team.
- Collaborate with Account Management to identify opportunities to adapt and enhance analytics strategy along with evolving business needs.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the use of marketing technology platforms for both analysis and marketing activation.
- Provides thought-leadership, consistently assessing current practices and exposing research on best practices and market trends.
- Monitor external services and studies to update teams on new strategies, tools and methodologies for usability and analytics tracking or reporting.
- Proactively seeking opportunities to evolve and elevate reporting and analytics to drive stronger efficiency and/or efficacy for the enterprise.
- Act as practice leader to identify and apply future trends within digital, media and business measurement and assess resource requirements to identify potential skill set gaps.
- Catalyst for Activation
- Responsible for driving measurement strategy with senior-level clients.
- Support ad hoc work and long-term project work: annual plans, quarterly business reporting and insights, user level analyses, etc.
- Provides strategic oversight for attribution and marketing mix modeling activity to validate insights and provide recommendations on how to best activate recommendations to optimize marketing performance.
- Responsible for working with data management and technology teams to identify and activate advanced analytics projects.
- Mentor and manage a team of analysts to ensure they are given the support and guidance needed to be successful.
- Creates a positive work environment and foster a team approach and collaborates with other Analytics Directors on the team’s growth and strategy.
- Responsible for setting performance expectations and aligning training needs to grow and develop direct reports.
- Ensures direct reports have clear and actionable development plans.
- Identify training opportunities for the team with other Analytics Directors.
- Partner with analytics and account leadership in the development of best practices of analytics principles across the agency and key accounts.
- Participate in new business opportunities as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Decision Sciences, Marketing, Economics or a related field (Engineering, Mathematics).
- 10+ years of relevant experience.
- 5+ Experience with marketing technology stack, specifically Analytics products.
- Experience working with multi-touch attribution and marketing mix modeling vendors (I.e. Visual IQ, Marketing Evolution, Marketshare).
- Experience working with media technology platforms such as a Data Management Platform (Krux - Salesforce).
- Experience working with CRM platforms such as Salesforce.
- Experience working at a digital agency or in a digital-focused role.
- Experience working directly with clients to lead measurement and analysis strategy.
- Experience measuring omni-channel or multi-channel campaigns.
- Experience with business intelligence and visualization platforms such as Datorama or Tableau.
- Experience in extracting insights from large databases,including AdTech and MarTech platforms and translating market research into actionable solutions and presenting findings and recommendations to clients.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and synthesize data.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- High intellectual curiosity and creativity.
- Self-directed and self-motivated.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at once and shift priorities seamlessly.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Flexibility and adaptability as projects and priorities evolve.
- Passion for the digital space.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Positive, eager-to-learn attitude.
Nice to Have:
- Ability to translate results from advanced statistical procedures such as regression, ANCOVA, cluster analysis, machine learning into meaningful business insights.
- Experience working with retail clients.
- Experience using analytical software packages such as SAS, SQL and R for analytical applications.
- Strong qualitative research experience.