Desktop Support Technician
Job Title: Desktop Support Technician
Location: Abingdon, VA
Clearance Required: Eligibility for a Government Public Trust (SF-85) background investigation (US Citizenship required)
***This position is contingent upon contract award***
ABOUT 1901 GROUP:
1901 Group provides IT services through the use of an integrated cloud-based platform that enables monitoring, management, and optimization of IT environments that span on-premise, co-location, and cloud computing environments. Our “as a service” model (XaaS) embeds all of the people, processes and technology necessary to deliver highly efficient IT services on a 24x7x365 basis.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The highly motivated individual will be responsible for being the first contact for each of our customer calls. This individual will help ascertain the nature of the call, resolve issues where possible, and escalate to the appropriate work group, when necessary.
- Support end user software and hardware enhancements and technical problems; build, configure.
- Create tickets and manage incidents, service requests, and problems through their full lifecycle
- Troubleshoot end user incidents to resolution and identify root cause; escalate to internal and external groups
- Provide support for on-boarding and off-boarding new and departing employees
- Diagnose and correct computer and telecommunication systems issues.
- Answer customer calls reporting service changes and outages
- Complete password/PIN resets
- Perform incident analysis to determine possible cause and potential fix
- Update tickets and continuously coordinate necessary work
- Document status updates and communicate to necessary parties
KEY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Self-driven and highly motivated
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Understanding of endpoint operating systems, including Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Must have high-energy work ethic and be available to work non-standard hours during peak season times.
The ideal candidate will have all or some of the following certifications:
- HDI Support Center Analyst
- ITIL Foundation v.3
- CompTIA A+
Preferred Work Experience:
- 1+ years of help desk or desktop support or similar IT experience
- Experience with Tier I phone support
- High proficiency with troubleshooting Windows, Mac, or Linux Operating Systems
- Basic Active Directory experience/knowledge
- Hardware: Laptops, Desktops, iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Mac
- Operating Systems: MAC OSX, Windows 10, Linux
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent experience in a related field.
Selected applicants will be subject to a background investigation. Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area with overhead lighting. The noise level in this environment is low to moderate. Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc. Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time.
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.