Infrastructure Security Manager (ISM)
Job Title: Infrastructure Security Manager (ISM)
Location: Washington, D.C.
Clearance Required: Eligibility for a Government Public Trust (SF-85) background investigation (US Citizenship required)
ABOUT 1901 GROUP:
1901 Group provides IT services through the use of an integrated cloud-based platform that enables monitoring, management, and optimization of IT environments that span on-premise, co-location, and cloud computing environments. Our “as a service” model (XaaS) embeds all of the people, processes and technology necessary to deliver highly efficient IT services on a 24x7x365 basis.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The ISM ensures that the Contractor’s Information Security programs comply with the Government’s security policies, including the evaluation and resolution of new vulnerability alerts, successful Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process compliance, and the completion of security reporting requirements. The ISM will designate qualified contractor staff to serve as Information System Security Officer (ISSO) for each of the FISMA systems encompassed by this Task Order. The System Owner (SO) will formally appoint the ISSO who will be responsible for maintenance of the appropriate operational security posture and sufficient documentation for the assigned systems. A current CISSP certification is required for the ISM.
- Determines enterprise information assurance and security standards.
- Develops and implements information assurance/security standards and procedures.
- Coordinates, develops, and evaluates security programs for an organization. Recommends information assurance/security solutions to support customers’ requirements.
- Identifies, reports, and resolves security violations.
- Establishes and satisfies information assurance and security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands.
- Supports customers at the highest levels in the development and implementation of doctrine and policies.
- Applies know-how to government and commercial common user systems, as well as to dedicated special purpose systems requiring specialized security features and procedures.
- Performs analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures.
- Analyzes and defines security requirements for computer systems which may include mainframes, workstations, and personal computers.
- Designs, develops, engineers, and implements solutions that meet security requirements.
- Provides integration and implementation of the computer system security solution.
- Analyzes general information assurance-related technical problems and provides basic engineering and technical support in solving these problems.
- Performs vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems and applications during all phases of the system development life cycle.
- Ensures that all information systems are functional and secure.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the field of cyber security
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-driven and highly motivated
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Willingness to work flexible hours - shift work required
- Experience working with SIEM tools (LogRhythm) and performing security analysis
- Ability to perform and analyze packet captures
- Senior level understanding of operating systems and networking (TCP/IP)
- Deep understanding of security threats and vulnerabilities
- Significant understanding of security tools and technologies
- ITIL V3 Foundations Certification.
- Experience in a business or IT field.
- Information Technology experience, with no less than three years of recent experience in managing multiple, cross-functional teams or projects consisting of no less than 30 personnel, and advising senior level management and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, directing, and managing the development, implementation, and performance of IT managed service solutions similar in size, scope, and complexity as referenced in this Task Order.
- Demonstrated experience with the management and supervision of employees of various labor categories and skills within programs similar in size, scope, and complexity as proposed for this Task Order.
- Demonstrated ability for oral and written communication with the highest levels of management.
- Demonstrated experience with transitioning efforts similar in size, scope, and complexity to this Task Order.
- Demonstrated experience with managing performance metric contracts that must conform to SLAs.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
Required: DoDI 8570-01.M Certification Level: IAM-I and IAT-I
Security certification (one of the following): CAP, CASP, CISM, CISSP, CISSP-Associate, GSLC
CE certification (minimum): MCSA/MCSE Server 2008/2012
Selected applicants will be subject to a background investigation. Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area with overhead lighting. The noise level in this environment is low to moderate. Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc. Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time.
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.