IA Security Engineer
Job Title: IA Security Engineer
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Reporting To: Scott Friend
Department/Customer: ITSF Engineering
Clearance Requirement: Active DoD Secret clearance or the ability to obtain one (US Citizenship required)
Who Are We?
1901 Group prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT As-A Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Who We Need:
A security engineer in a 24x7 Security Operations Center responsible for monitoring the customer’s environment for potential security threats and incidents
What You’ll Spend Most of Your Time Doing
- After your initial onboarding and acclimation to the team, you will be focused on identification, analysis, investigation and support of remediation recommendations to mitigate security threats and incidents
- Using security tools, you will perform monitoring and analysis of security events of interest to detect security risks and threats on the customer’s network.
- You will create incidents and support the investigation of such incidents to not only mitigate the current threat but also prevent future occurrence.
- You will support the identification, creation and refinement of the team’s processes and procedures.
- You will have the opportunity to stay abreast of current threats and vulnerabilities, particularly those that may directly impact the customer.
As an IA Security Engineer you will:
- Work closely with other teams as part of the overall incident management process
- Document all actions taken as part of incident investigation.
- Work closely with other teams to support the incident management process.
- Provide tuning and filtering recommendations to engineering team.
- Support requests for data by the customer and/or other teams and present findings to management.
- An experienced information assurance engineer with a Bachelors degree and 3 + years of working in operations environment, including FedRAMP certified platforms?
- An information technology professional with hands on experience using SIEM deployments and configurations etc, with tools such as Splunk?
- Proficient in CI/CD processes and tools?
- Experienced performing security analysis and incident response and understanding of security threats and vulnerability remediation?
- In possession of expert level understanding of operating systems and networking (TCP/IP)?
- An expert in security tools and technologies such as Nessus or Nexpose Vulnerability scanners, Gigamon and Imperva security appliances?
- Highly knowledgeable of Information Security Engineering best practices and NIST standards?
- Someone with the ability to understand the business and data environments of our current and potential customers and collaborate with a variety of technical and non-technical team members to arrive at comprehensive solutions?
- A detail-oriented engineer with proven experience interacting with customers of all levels and able to collaborate with a variety of technical and non-technical teams?
- Proficient in creating technical documentation & diagrams using Visio or similar?
- A US Citizen who can obtain and maintain a public trust clearance?
- It would be also be great if you have:
- GCIA, GCIH, CEH, CISSP, Splunk Certified Admin or Architect or similar SIEM training
Experience with Cloud environments
- GCIA, GCIH, CEH, CISSP, Splunk Certified Admin or Architect or similar SIEM training
Successful Traits in this Role include:
Minimum Essential Functions:
- Travel to customer sites, including overnight travel
- Ability to provide coverage for core hours (8a to 6p) and occasional work on nights and weekends may be required during maintenance periods.
- Support an on-call rotation for off-shift escalations
- Assessing risk of technical solution paths
- Reporting to a senior program owner
Why 1901 Group is a Great Place to Work
The health and happiness of our employees and their families is our top priority. That’s why we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to help you and your loved ones feel secure. We strive to create the best experience for you, so you can continue doing the things you love. The following represents an overview of our offerings:
Health & Wellness
- 1901 Group offers above-industry standard, high-quality medical, pharmacy, dental and vision plans. A single carrier supports our offerings of two medical, two dental and a single, comprehensive vision plan.
- Two Telehealth/Telemedicine services as part of the medical plan, allowing you to get the care you need – including most prescriptions – for a wide range of minor conditions.
Flexible Payment Options via Pretax Deductions
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account
Paid Time Off
- Generous leave options to include: vacation, sick leave, all major and federal holidays, jury duty, bereavement, military leave, maternity, and paternity leave.
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) Savings Programs with company match
Coverage for the Unexpected or “Just in Case” Moments
- Two Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs)
- Company-paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Company-paid Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance for Employees, Spouses, and Children
Our Focus on Professional & Team Growth:
At 1901 Group we empower our employees with exponential career development and growth opportunities by utilizing a more modern form of employee assessment – quarterly reviews. We put our employees in the driver’s seat of their evaluation process – and their development. Learning and development is offered through a variety of platforms, designed to satisfy different learners at different stages within their careers.
Employee-Driven Performance Management & Learning
- We support a philosophy and approach where “Everyone Learns”. Whether it be via online training or domain specific classroom & instructor lead training – we anticipate our employees will constantly seek out new ways to improve themselves – personally and professionally.
Selected applicants will be subject to a background investigation. Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area with overhead lighting. The noise level in this environment is low to moderate. Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc. Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time.
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.