Job Title: Contracts Intern
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Clearance: Eligible for Security Clearance (US Citizenship Required)
ABOUT 1901 GROUP:
As an innovative Information Technology (IT) services company, 1901 Group has more work to do than there is time in a day, and we are looking for help in managing our contracts and subcontracts. This internship will require work with our contracts, finance, business development, and operations groups as well as with other IT companies and potentially our customers. 1901 Group is interested in talented people who are creative, self-motivated, and excited about helping us articulate our business value and corporate vision internally amongst our staff and externally to the world.
1901 Group offers internships under a variety of scenarios including seasonal-paid, part-time-paid, and seasonal-unpaid, for a wide range of focus areas including technical writing, web development, business analytics, and IT management. All internships are structured with a specific purpose and corresponding deliverable(s), an assigned 1901 Group executive sponsor, and an assigned onsite supervisor.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Contracts intern will provide assistance with the administration of contracts, subcontracts, and other business agreements.
- Manage contract reporting processes and respond to customer requests for documentation and certifications.
- Review and assist in negotiating and administering contractual documents, including non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements, contracts, and subcontracts.
- Assist in managing subcontractor contributions to company prime contract proposals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to obtain a government security clearance.
- In order to efficiently review and respond to government contractual requirements, this position requires fluency in the English language
- Ability to be a team player to work effectively within and across groups.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High School Diploma or equivalent
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT STATEMENT: None specified.
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.