Job Title: Proposal Manager
Location: Reston, VA
Clearance Required: Eligible for a Security Clearance
ABOUT 1901 GROUP:
1901 Group is a leading FedRAMP authorized managed service provider in the public and private sector market that delivers innovative IT solutions by leveraging our Enterprise IT Operations Center (EITOC) to provide 24x7 support of end users, complex IT infrastructure environments, and mission critical systems. We deliver cloud, cyber security, and enterprise scale managed services to transition customers from traditional on-premise IT infrastructure and support models to hybrid cloud solutions that improve performance and reduce costs.
Founded in 2009, we proudly support customers that span federal, state, and local governments, including law enforcement and criminal justice agencies, and commercial markets. Customers benefit from our 24x7 Cloud Factory with FedRAMP authorization, ISO9001 certification, and CMMI Level 3 appraisals.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Interested in being a proposal manager for innovative cloud offerings that is transforming the way the federal government is buying information technology? Would you like to be part of a fast-growing organization that is winning new work and growing year after year? 1901 Group would like to talk to you! The Proposal Manager is responsible for preparing and delivering winning proposals to support the continued growth of the company within the Federal Government contracting market. The successful candidate must be willing and able to manage proposal design and development, perform as a proposal manager and serve as a proposal writer as required. They will provide guidance and management direction to proposal teams for all aspects of the proposal development process.
- Oversees, develops, and manages the development of winning proposal with a compelling story for a given opportunity. Scope of responsibility includes all required responses to requests for proposals (RFPs) and requests for quotations (RFQs) from kick off to lessons learned.
- Responsible for all daily proposal management activities, including development of work plans, schedules and milestones
- Creates RFP outline, including page allocation, based on weight of evaluation criteria, ensuring proposal structure complies with RFP requirements.
- Monitors all communications; manages incoming communications/responses and updates requirements accordingly for each proposal response
- Develops, scores, and maintains compliance matrices
- Creates, manages and maintains proposal development schedule, proposal design, and executes quality control functions
- Develop and oversee the on-time development of high quality, high impact artwork and graphics for proposals working with 1901 Group’s marketing and graphics team.
- Write, edit and proof proposal content; consolidating, rationalizing and incorporating reviewer/technical expert edits, and ensuring proper grammar.
- Administer proposal reviews (i.e. Pink, Red and Gold team reviews) and make recommendations for content improvement and/or compliance
- Works closely with 1901 Group Enterprise Services team comprised of Solutions Architect, Engineers, and Technical Subject Matter Experts to develop storyboards, graphic concepts, proposal outlines and win themes key discriminatory.
- Collaborate with Business Development and other client program personnel to provide proposal leadership, resource management, writing, and overall direction.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 6 - 12 years related work experience in successful proposal development and management or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Government proposal management experience, ideally for Cloud Computing, Managed Services, Security and Agile software development.
- Professional Proposal training desired.
- Experience with bidding innovative services that are highly differentiated, but also comply with proposal instructions and evaluation criteria.
- Experience winning multiple contracts value together over $100M.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor's degree in English, Communication, Journalism, Computer Science, or Marketing
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT: None Specified
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, 1901 Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
1901 Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of 1901 Group’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.