Service Desk Manager
Job Title: Service Desk Manager
Location: Blacksburg Office
Clearance Required: Eligibility for a Government Public Trust (SF-85) background investigation (US Citizenship required)
ABOUT 1901 GROUP: 1901 Group provides IT services through the use of an integrated cloud-based platform that enables monitoring, management, and optimization of IT environments that span on-premise, co-location, and cloud computing environments. Our “as a service” model (XaaS) embeds all of the people, processes and technology necessary to deliver highly efficient IT services on a 24x7x365 basis.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
This project will cover all services and support required to operate and maintain our client's infrastructure in a secure manner, provide engineering services for the information technology environment, support end user and laptop information technology requirements, and provide audio/visual support for the agency’s conference and meeting spaces leveraging continuous improvement and responsiveness to changes in the agency’s environment. To support this effort, 1901 Group is seeking individuals with a demonstrated background in and experience with infrastructure engineering and support; service desk and end user support functions; and audio / visual support functions.
- The Service Desk Manager shall manage the performance of service desk and desk side services to users.
- The Service Desk Manager will provide users efficient and timely first and second level support to ensure that service levels are achieved in line with the contract, and that customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Five or more years of related technical and managerial experience in an end-to-end service desk and desk side service delivery environment similar in terms of size, scope and complexity to that of this contract. At least two of these years must be in a leadership role.
- Demonstrated success improving, optimizing, standardizing, and streamlining customer support processes that yielded improvements in customer satisfaction and resulted in cost reductions.
- Demonstrated experience and proven success implementing changes, processes, and standards to improve an enterprise-wide service desk
- Help Desk Institute or Service Desk Institute Service Desk Manager Certification.
- Demonstrated experience providing performance-based customer service support against multiple performance metrics for the Federal Government.
- Demonstrated in-depth experience with the implementation and customization of service desk tools and automation technologies
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- None specified
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL®) Foundation Level Certification (or better)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT STATEMENT: None
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.