Document Management System Administrator
Title: Document Management System Administrator Level II
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Clearance Required: Ability to obtain Security clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required)
***This position is contingent upon contract award***
ABOUT 1901 Group:
1901 Group provides IT services through the use of an integrated cloud-based platform that enables monitoring, management, and optimization of IT environments that span on-premise, co-location, and cloud computing environments. Our “as a service” model (XaaS) embeds all of the people, processes and technology necessary to deliver highly efficient IT services on a 24x7x365 basis.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Responsible for the electronic document management system, managing the day to day function of the system, user accounts and addressing any system or user issues. The candidate will assume direct responsibility for the organization’s electronic Document Management System performing routine administrative tasks to support the creation, revision, and retirement of controlled Policies and Procedures, documents and contracts.
- Lead efforts for the administration, maintenance, user management, including creation of new users, disabling users, and credential and configuration management of the electronic Document Management System.
- Participate in all aspects of the document management system development, production and implementation from planning through product roll-out. Including but not limited to: recommendations on enhancements/opportunities for improvement to document management procedures and processes as best practices.
- Resolve technical issues and assist end users with the day-to-day operations of the Document Management System.
- Provide Document Management System training for new hires and continued training for end users.
- Ensure accurate implementation, access and upkeep of documents.
- Ability to work dependently and/or independently, under pressure, meet deadlines, and adjust work schedules as needed to complete job responsibilities.
- Participate as an active member of Gift of Life Michigan committees, workgroups and meetings, such as Policy and Procedure Workgroup.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, Outlook and SharePoint
- 3+ years substantiated successful document management systems engineering support, with a progressive record of successful delivery of complex technical systems and/or services.
- background in networking (Firewalls, Cisco routers/switches, network protocols, VPN…)
- Network storage (SAN, NAS, Backup) experience
- Experience with enterprise E-mail migrations, specifically Microsoft Office365
- Must have excellent organizational and project management skills
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to creatively solve business/technology problems efficiently and
- Ability to readily and easily switch gears in response to unexpected events and circumstances.
- Experience mentoring others through periods of change in the strategy, or organization.
- Must be a self-starter and detail oriented.
- Ability to provide coverage for core hours (8a to 6p) and occasional work on nights and weekends may be required during maintenance periods.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT STATEMENT: None specified
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, 1901 Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
1901 Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of 1901 Group’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
US Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace