IT Service Management/Database Specialist
Job Title: IT Service Management Specialist/Database Specialist Level 1
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Clearance Required: Eligibility for a Security Clearance (US Citizenship required)
**This position is contingent upon contract award***
ABOUT 1901 GROUP:
1901 Group provides IT services through the use of an integrated cloud-based platform that enables monitoring, management, and optimization of IT environments that span on-premise, co-location, and cloud computing environments. Our “as a service” model (XaaS) embeds all of the people, processes and technology necessary to deliver highly efficient IT services on a 24x7x365 basis.
WHAT WE SEEK:
Do you have interest in working in a complex Oracle and SQL Server environment and learning new technologies? We are looking for an Oracle/SQL Server database administrator to work with a team of database administrators and system integrators maintaining corporate and customer database systems. This role will support both Oracle and SQL Server databases that are used for custom and COTS applications. This position offers exposure to leading edge database technologies and high availability systems infrastructure with growth and advancement potential into increasing levels of leadership and responsibilities.
- Perform all configuration and maintenance-level database administrative functions
- Analyze and resolve database user ticket issues
- Manage database user account creation, access and permissions
- Perform operations in a manner in which the impact on database downtime is minimized and in accordance with established customer standard operating procedures.
- Ensure all Change management procedures are followed and adhered to.
- Complete Planning and documentation prior to new integration or implementation.
- Provide input to database support monthly status report.
- Must have this experience for a variety of databases such as MS SQL Server, Oracle, Splunk, Postgres, Access, and others.
- Must be reachable after-hours to provide emergency support in the event of outages or other operational or security incidents.
- Experience in securing/hardening administered assets as a result of security findings identified from security testing activities.
- Experience in creating/reviewing documentation such as System Security Plans, Contingency Plans, Test Plans, Finding Matrices, and Network Diagrams.
- Experience in the consolidation and/or redesign of implementations involving their applicable administrative duties (i.e. network assets for the network administrator).
- Strong oral/written communications and client facing skills
- Ability to proficiently articulate technical concepts to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences using both written and verbal communications.
- Must have IT security certifications (CISSP, or equivalent), or an IT degree
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
Oracle database certifications a plus
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT STATEMENT: None specified.
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.