Service Level Manager
Job Title: Service Level Manager
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Clearance Required: Eligibility for a Security Clearance
***This position is contingent upon contract award***
ABOUT 1901 GROUP:
1901 Group provides IT services through the use of an integrated cloud-based platform that enables monitoring, management, and optimization of IT environments that span on-premise, co-location, and cloud computing environments. Our “as a service” model (XaaS) embeds all of the people, processes and technology necessary to deliver highly efficient IT services on a 24x7x365 basis.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Represent 1901 Group Remote Operations Center and closely coordinate with onsite PM to determine project requirements, schedule, resources, and execution plans, and articulate those to the technical team. In concert with the Onsite PM and senior management, manage each project from initiation through implementation including phases such as planning, analysis, design, development and implementation. Ensures project is completed in accordance with all service level agreements, risk, compliance, and other relevant guidelines. Coordinates with management team regarding resources across projects.
- Produce key communications to the team, correspondence with clients, as well as presentations and status reports, etc.
- Develop project schedules/budgets and track and report on project status. Identify/track risks and elevate as needed.
- Oversee and manage the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serve as liaison between senior project management, project team, and line management.
- Develop mechanisms for monitoring project progress/intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, clients and other stakeholders.
- Responsible for participating in Incident and/or Escalation Management, helping to prioritize issues, communicate to customers and teammates, and facilitate meaningful issue and risk discussions
- Develop and deliver metric and progress reports according to contractually required SLAs. For example, monthly status report, service desk statistics, etc.
- Work with management to identify and negotiate resource needs for projects.
- Proactively provide constructive performance feedback to managers on project resources as well as seek feedback on his/her own performance. Motivate team members to get the best results.
- Define, discover existing documents, or standardize processes as appropriate. May be hands-on or leveraging others to clarify or resolve process gaps. Follow through to completion with a focus on repeatability
- Understand organizational structure to influence and obtain agreement from management or onsite project leads. Identify how to pursue information within the organization and apply that knowledge towards removing team obstacles.
- Ensure accuracy, timeliness and quality of products. Remediate all known risks and issues in a timely fashion to ensure on-time project delivery
- Adherence to Standard Project Lifecycle
- Familiarity with PMI’s PM Body of Knowledge
- Microsoft Office tools proficiency, primarily Word, Excel, and Project
- Excellent oral, listening and writing skills and ability to discern and document important parts of discussions, action items and decisions made
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- Familiarity with Infrastructure technology – preferably network operations and cloud
- Experience with Project Task Estimation, Resource Scheduling, Risk Management, Issue Management
- Understanding of CMMI L3 processes, templates, and artifact storages
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field of Technology or Customer Services.
Desired: CAPM or PMP, ITIL V3 Foundations, ECBA, CBAP
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT STATEMENT: None specified.
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.