Job Title: Chief Engineer
Location: Washington, D.C.
Clearance Required: Eligibility for a Government Public Trust (SF-85) background investigation (US Citizenship required)
ABOUT 1901 GROUP:
1901 Group provides IT services through the use of an integrated cloud-based platform that enables monitoring, management, and optimization of IT environments that span on-premise, co-location, and cloud computing environments. Our “as a service” model (XaaS) embeds all of the people, processes and technology necessary to deliver highly efficient IT services on a 24x7x365 basis.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Chief Engineer is responsible for managing the interoperation of the multiple technical areas contained in the Task Order. The Chief Engineer will take the lead in the identification, formulation, and presentation of performance and technology improvements under the continuous improvement program. The Chief Engineer will provide the following types of support:
· Tactical direction for infrastructure operations and maintenance at the enterprise level.
· Responsible for interoperability of infrastructure components, development of infrastructure architecture, service delivery standards, and procedures for the enterprise.
· Participate in FTC IT infrastructure strategy planning activities, bringing a current knowledge and future vision of infrastructure technology and systems and best practices as related to the needs of the business.
· Provide current and future state information necessary for annual FISMA audits.
· Review of all proposed configuration changes
- Defining current and target state architectures, transition architectures and roadmaps
- Software design and development
- Performance optimizations such as improving scalability, availability, throughput, failover, etc.
- Leading architecture efforts that requires close collaboration with project teams and business stakeholders
- Ability to work with both senior management level executives and development teams
- Designing for cloud hosting platforms and cloud based solutions
- ITIL V3 Foundations Certification.
- Experience in a business or IT field.
- Information Technology experience, with no less than three years of recent experience in managing multiple, cross-functional teams or projects consisting of no less than 30 personnel, and advising senior level management and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, directing, and managing the development, implementation, and performance of IT managed service solutions similar in size, scope, and complexity as referenced in this Task Order.
- Demonstrated experience with the management and supervision of employees of various labor categories and skills within programs similar in size, scope, and complexity as proposed for this Task Order.
- Demonstrated ability for oral and written communication with the highest levels of management.
- Demonstrated experience with transitioning efforts similar in size, scope, and complexity to this Task Order.
- Demonstrated experience with managing performance metric contracts that must conform to SLAs.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
Selected applicants will be subject to a background investigation. Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area with overhead lighting. The noise level in this environment is low to moderate. Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc. Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time.
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.