Cloud Network Engineer
Cloud Network Engineer
Location: Blacksburg/Abingdon VA; remote option may be available
Clearance Requirement: DoD Secret Clearance – US Citizenship required (interim clearance required to start)
Who Are We?
1901 Group prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT As-A Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Who We Need:
- A Cloud Network Engineer to join our growing cloud engineering team to support the design, automation, and deployment of cloud network infrastructure and application migration.
What You’ll Spend Most of Your Time Doing
- After your initial onboarding and acclimation to the team you will be training, both independently and with the team, to gain knowledge about 1901 cloud network designs, processes, and migration approach
- Working in an Agile process to plan your work into 2 week sprints and participate in daily scrum meetings
- Creating network designs, implementation plans, operational documentation, and continual improvement of cloud network services
- Conducting cloud migration assessment, planning, and migration activities for varied application sets
- Evaluate and recommend potential cloud networking solutions for inclusion into customer cloud service offerings and application migration solutions
As a Cloud Network Engineer, you will:
- Be a key member of a high performing Agile scrum team. Attend Agile meetings (sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint retrospectives, sprint reviews, etc.)
- Work with teams across 1901 group and customers to understand cloud networking requirements for upcoming projects
- Design and implement automation through scripting and other techniques to implement cloud network infrastructure and improve operational efficiencies
- Create network architectures and designs that are highly available and scalable for new customers systems and solutions to meet defined requirements
- Work across the company to deliver Cloud network infrastructure strategies aligned with business objectives
- Someone with a Bachelor’s of Science degree
- Someone with 5+ years of IT experience in an operational role
- Someone with 3+ years of experience with Cloud networking services, AWS or Azure
- An AWS Certified Solution Architect, Associate or an AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialist
- Familiar with Infrastructure as Code technologies such as Terraform and Ansible
- Capable of working within a team and independently
- Someone with strong problem solving and decision making ability
- Detail oriented with experience interacting with customers
- Proficient in creating technical documentation and diagrams
- A US Citizen who can obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Security clearance?
Successful Traits in this Role include:
Minimum Essential Functions:
- Travel to customer sites, including overnight travel
- Ability to provide coverage for core hours (8a to 6p) and occasional work on nights and weekends may be required during maintenance periods.
- Assessing risk of technical solution paths
- Reporting to a senior program owner
- Analyze data and form recommendations to colleagues and management
Why 1901 Group is a Great Place to Work
The health and happiness of our employees and their families is our top priority. That’s why we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to help you and your loved ones feel secure. We strive to create the best experience for you, so you can continue doing the things you love. The following represents an overview of our offerings:
Health & Wellness
- 1901 Group offers above-industry standard, high-quality medical, pharmacy, dental and vision plans. A single carrier supports our offerings of two medical, two dental and a single, comprehensive vision plan.
- Two Telehealth/Telemedicine services as part of the medical plan, allowing you to get the care you need – including most prescriptions – for a wide range of minor conditions.
Flexible Payment Options via Pretax Deductions
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account
Paid Time Off
- Generous leave options to include: vacation, sick leave, all major and federal holidays, jury duty, bereavement, military leave, maternity, and paternity leave.
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) Savings Programs with company match
Coverage for the Unexpected or “Just in Case” Moments
- Two Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs)
- Company-paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Company-paid Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance for Employees, Spouses, and Children
Our Focus on Professional & Team Growth:
At 1901 Group we empower our employees with exponential career development and growth opportunities by utilizing a more modern form of employee assessment – quarterly reviews. We put our employees in the driver’s seat of their evaluation process – and their development. Learning and development is offered through a variety of platforms, designed to satisfy different learners at different stages within their careers.
Employee-Driven Performance Management & Learning
We support a philosophy and approach where “Everyone Learns”. Whether it be via online training or domain specific classroom & instructor lead training – we anticipate our employees will constantly seek out new ways to improve themselves – personally and professionally.
Selected applicants will be subject to a background investigation. Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area with overhead lighting. The noise level in this environment is low to moderate. Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc. Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time.
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.