Technical Project Lead
Job Title: Technical Project Lead
Location: Washington, DC
Clearance Requirement: Obtain and maintain appropriate DOJ public trust clearance (US Citizenship Required)
Who Are We?
1901 Group prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT As-A Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Who We Need:
- A leader with a diverse management background and experiences leading projects and programs of varying complexity and scope.
- A positive-minded professional with strong team management skills and the ability to build, align, motivate, and lead teams towards customer and corporate objectives.
- A strong communicator with the ability to deliver effective and persuasive communications orally and in writing to subordinates, peers, customers, and senior executives of customer and corporate leadership teams.
- A technical manager with substantial knowledge of process frameworks including Project Management, ITIL and Agile methodologies, as well as demonstrated practical implementation experience and strong business analysis skills.
- A collaborator with experience delivering positive customer experiences while balancing competing priorities to achieve successful outcomes.
What You’ll Spend Most of Your Time Doing
- First 90-Days
- Learning the 1901 Group environment and associated processes and procedures.
- Learning the customer environment(s) including contract language, mission, locations, and operating paradigms.
- Determining the extent of authorities and autonomy in your role.
- Begin assuming responsibiliites for customer deliverables, team oversight, prioritization conversations and status gathering and reporting.
- First 6-Months
- Immersing yourself into the corporate culture and becoming astute at operating and performing work activities in accordance with corporate expectations.
- Immersing yourself into the relevant customer environments and establishing yourself as a key partner to customers and a liaison into the corporation.
- Assuming full responsibility for all deliverables, communications, and team members.
- At the end of your first year with 1901
- Optimizing delivery of services to your customer(s) while balancing competing priorities.
- Driving program expansion through organic growth.
- Engaging in additional program and customer opportunities.
As a Technical Project Lead, you will:
- Lead all phases of one or more projects within customer contracts from inception through completion.
- Ensure compliance with all program requirements including Performance Work Statements (PWS) and corporate-required processes and procedures.
- Ensure project deliverables are delivered on time and with high quality.
- Successfully manage project requirements, budget, schedule, perfomance and customer acceptance.
- Support customer needs serving as the primary technical POC for all technical aspects of the project.
- Ensure quality of work products including program performance against Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Establish high level milestones for projects and monitor adherence to plans and schedules.
- Manage program problems through identification of solutions via approaches such as allocation of resources, new technology insertion or evolving customer specifications.
- Participate in negotiation of contract terms and contract changes as required.
- Serve as primary customer contact for technical activities, leading project technical review sessions with customer to discuss requirements, cost, solution, schedule, and business and technical outcomes.
- Assist in the development of new business through program execution success and/or expansion of service capabilities and product lines with the customers.
- Ensure compliance with corporate processes for CMM and ITIL as appropriate including managing document libraries with appropriate project schedules, deliverables, status reports, and project documentation.
- Coordinate efforts between the Business Progam Manager, Project Manager, technical personnel from 1901 Group and customer personnel with focus on delivering solutions to meet customer needs on-time and within schedule and scope.
- Develop and deliver reports as required to team, corporate, and customer personnel at various levels within each organization.
- Continuously improve processes, quality and efficiency by analyzing metrics and performance indicators such as tickets, processes and workflow, and identifying improvements.
- Support the corporate service delivery model including efforts to continuously increase service delivery via the Enterprise IT Operations Center (EITOC).
- Travel to various work locations as required including corporate headquarters in Reston, VA and Blacksburg, VA, as well as one or more customer locations.
- A collaborative leader with team leadership and management experience – coaching, mentoring and managing performance of team members?
- A highly experienced project manager with the ability to work on many tasks in parallel?
- Knowledgeable of IT Service Management tools and their practical application?
- Willing to work flexible hours based on business needs?
- Proficient in the use of management tools suites including MS Office as well as project planning and visualization tools such as MS Project and MS Visio?
- An IT professional with experience working in a Federal contract environment delivering IT services to Federal customers?
- A leader with experience managing complex IT programs encompassing service desk, IT operations, and security functional areas?
- A degreed professional with a BS or MS and 7 or more years of experience?
- A service-oriented leader with applied experience in IT Service Management (ITSM) including the ServiceNow or similar ITSM platforms?
- An experienced Cloud Architect or systems engineer with a broad technical backgound/understanding who can develop high level solutions to meet customer needs and coordinate a diverse group of technical assets to deliver the technical solution required?
- A US Citizen who can obtain a public trust clearance?
Successful Traits in this Role include:
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to manage multiple high-priority tasks in parallel
- Strong leadership ability
Minimum Essential Functions:
- Balance customer requirements and team abilities in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Engage with customer and corporate leadership frequently.
- Respond quickly and efficiently to support customer and corporate requirements.
- Make decisions that effectively balance the success of programs and corporate performance.
- Report to Business Program Manager and coordinate with Project Managers as a member of the program area management team .
Why 1901 Group is a Great Place to Work
The health and happiness of our employees and their families is our top priority. That’s why we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to help you and your loved ones feel secure. We strive to create the best experience for you, so you can continue doing the things you love. The following represents an overview of our offerings:
Health & Wellness
- 1901 Group offers above-industry standard, high-quality medical, pharmacy, dental and vision plans. A single carrier supports our offerings of two medical, two dental and a single, comprehensive vision plan.
- Two Telehealth/Telemedicine services as part of the medical plan, allowing you to get the care you need – including most prescriptions – for a wide range of minor conditions.
Flexible Payment Options via Pretax Deductions
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account
Paid Time Off
- Generous leave options to include: vacation, sick leave, all major and federal holidays, jury duty, bereavement, military leave, maternity, and paternity leave.
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) Savings Programs with company match
Coverage for the Unexpected or “Just in Case” Moments
- Two Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs)
- Company-paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Company-paid Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance for Employees, Spouses, and Children
Our Focus on Professional & Team Growth:
At 1901 Group we empower our employees with exponential career development and growth opportunities by utilizing a more modern form of employee assessment – quarterly reviews. We put our employees in the driver’s seat of their evaluation process – and their development. Learning and development is offered through a variety of platforms, designed to satisfy different learners at different stages within their careers.
Employee-Driven Performance Management & Learning
We support a philosophy and approach where “Everyone Learns”. Whether it be via online training or domain specific classroom & instructor lead training – we anticipate our employees will constantly seek out new ways to improve themselves – personally and professionally.
Selected applicants will be subject to a background investigation. Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area with overhead lighting. The noise level in this environment is low to moderate. Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc. Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time.
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.