Operations Specialist/Functional Analyst - ITSM/Asset Management
Job Title: Operations Specialist/Functional Analyst – ITSM – Asset Mgmt
Location: Washington, DC
Clearance Required: Eligibility for a security clearance which requires US Citizenship
***This position is contingent upon contract award***
ABOUT 1901 GROUP:
1901 Group provides IT services through the use of an integrated cloud-based platform that enables monitoring, management, and optimization of IT environments that span on-premise, co-location, and cloud computing environments. Our “as a service” model (XaaS) embeds all of the people, processes and technology necessary to deliver highly efficient IT services on a 24x7x365 basis.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The highly motivated individual will significantly contribute to 1901 Group project success by gathering and documenting business and technical requirements for both customer and internal facing initiatives. The Business Analyst will also assist in vendor and product selection activities, system utilization and capacity planning, cloud sizing, and day to day project management activities.
- Gather and develop requirements using interviews, document analysis, automated tools output, requirements workshops, storyboards, use cases, and task/workflow analysis.
- Support analysis and requirements gathering for asset management workflow
- Document and maintain requirements using common tools such as Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and others
- Communicate with vendors and industry partners to gather product specifications, capabilities, security requirements, and other information needed for vendor and partner selection.
- Under guidance of systems engineers, build and maintain utilization, capacity, and sizing models for on premise and cloud services
- Support project managers with scheduling, reporting, and other project control activities
- Participate in the key scrum team development meetings, including daily standups, planning meetings, iteration reviews, and team retrospectives
KEY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience analyzing customer business needs and gathering and prioritizing business requirements for IT projects
- Experience writing system requirements documentation, visio process diagrams, and general technical writing
- Experience writing Agile requirements and familiarity with Agile project management tools (i.e., Jira)
- Understand the fundamentals of iterative development, Agile/Scrum Processes and methodologies, and software development processes and procedures
- Experience working with integrated development teams
- Possess excellent facilitation and communication skills, with the ability to develop strategic partnerships with business customers
- Must have high-energy work ethic and be available to work non-standard hours during peak season times
- Experience with writing test plans, user manuals, and other customer support technical documents
- 3+ years of related and progressive experience
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field or relevant work is experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT STATEMENT: None
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.