Enterprise Architect - Tier 3/Systems Engineer
Job Title: Enterprise Architect/Tier 3 – Systems Engineer
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Clearance Required: Eligibility for a Government Public Trust (SF-85) background investigation (US Citizenship required)
***This position is contingent upon contract award/funding***
ABOUT 1901 GROUP:
1901 Group provides IT services through the use of an integrated cloud-based platform that enables monitoring, management, and optimization of IT environments that span on-premise, co-location, and cloud computing environments. Our “as a service” model (XaaS) embeds all of the people, processes and technology necessary to deliver highly efficient IT services on a 24x7x365 basis.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Enterprise Architect role will be part of a strategically important area of our business and will champion the enterprise and project architecture decision making for the most visible and important active investments.
- Provides high-level architectural expertise to managers and technical staff.
- Develops architectural products and deliverables for the enterprise and operational business lines.
- Develops strategy of system and the design infrastructure necessary to support that strategy
- Advises on selection of technological purchases with regards to processing, data storage, data access, and applications development. Sets standards for the client/server relational database structure for the organization (SQL, ORACLE, SYBASE, etc.).
- Advises of feasibility of potential future projects to management.
- Defining current and target state architectures, transition architectures and roadmaps
- Software design and development
- Performance optimizations such as improving scalability, availability, throughput, failover, etc.
- Leading architecture efforts that requires close collaboration with project teams and business stakeholders
- Ability to work with both senior management level executives and development teams
- Designing for cloud hosting platforms and cloud based solutions
- Implementing Java open source frameworks (i.e., Spring, Hibernate etc.)
- Implementing both RESTful and SOAP web services
- Experience in network operations and/or infrastructure operations
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience with transformation from legacy technologies
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
Selected applicants will be subject to a background investigation. Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area with overhead lighting. The noise level in this environment is low to moderate. Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc. Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time.
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.