Systems Engineer - Jr.
Job Title: Systems Engineer - Jr
Location: Arlington / Reston, VA
Clearance Required: Eligible for TS/SCI Clearance (US Citizenship Required)
ABOUT 1901 GROUP:
1901 Group provides IT services through the use of an integrated cloud-based platform that enables monitoring, management, and optimization of IT environments that span on-premise, co-location, and cloud computing environments. Our “as a service” model (XaaS) embeds all of the people, processes and technology necessary to deliver highly efficient IT services on a 24x7x365 basis.
PURPOSE OF JOB: The Jr Systems Engineer will assist in a strategically important area of our business. This role will work to facilitate the customized implementation of technical AI/ML services including application evaluation, infrastructure integration, and operations projects spanning multiple AI product lines (Natural Language Processing (NPL), Robotic Process Automation (RPA), and services, by directing cross-functional teams representing multiple departments in the execution of implementation activities.
You will be the key 1901 Group technical resource to coordinate and successfully deliver on our technical strategy and solutions including delivering creative solutions in a fast-paced Agile development environment.
- Assist government stakeholders establish frameworks to analyze and prioritize business cases for use of AI/ML
- Ability to navigate and work well in a cross-functional, multi-contracting team
- Evaluate Natural Language Processing (NLP), Intelligent Business Automation, and AI/ML tools and trends
- Experience navigating DoD environment with various stakeholders and shifting priorities
- Provide business analyst/technical support for new DoD AI center to improve business operations through automation
- Identify, evaluate, and prioritize business cases to increase effectiveness and efficiencies within DoD for Robotic Business Automation (RPA); track status of efforts and manage backlog
- Coordinate and review deliverables with IPT team members and stakeholders using the Agile Methodology (Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, Sprint Reviews, Retrospectives, etc.).
- Systems engineering expertise architecting key aspects of enterprise scale systems, including requirements, system design, interfaces, integration, and evaluation.
- Support engagements to develop a pipeline of high impact projects and guide future DoD investments, which includes
- Systems engineering analysis of use cases
- Build user workflows, system architecture diagrams, and other SE artifacts
- Business/Technical support for the IBA in assessing all aspects of the use cases when considering further engagements
- 3+ years DoD experience
- Business Automation, AI / ML experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- Ability to interface confidently with the Government and internal/external customers
- The customer follows Agile Scrum best practices for managing requirements, implementation, test, and delivery of software products. It is important for personnel to demonstrate experience leading and participating in Agile Scrum efforts.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to identify, initiate, manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Project management and scheduling skills
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Strong technical communication skills
- Extensive experience in vendor coordination and support for service area technologies including collaboration and team analysis
- Expertise using MS Office software (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or a related field.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT STATEMENT: None
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.