Service Desk Admin
Position: Service Desk Admin
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Clearance: Eligibility for a Government Public Trust (SF-85) background investigation (US Citizenship required)
ABOUT 1901 GROUP:
1901 Group is a leading managed service provider providing IT as a service through enterprise managed services, cyber security, and cloud computing. We leverage our Enterprise IT Operations Center (EITOC) to provide 24x7 support of end users, complex IT infrastructure environments, and mission critical systems. Our EITOC is a game changer in the Federal market that drives improved performance, increased security, and operational efficiencies through a centralized 24x7 Operations Center that synthesizes principles, automation, and technology integration to transform IT service performance.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
In our 24x7x365 EITOC in Blacksburg, VA, Service Desk staff at all levels log and troubleshoot incidents and fulfill service requests for users from a variety of federal and commercial clients. Our EITOC focuses on providing support to 1901 Group clients in a professional, courteous, and user-focused manner to ensure customer satisfaction at the highest possible level while meeting our client service level agreements (SLAs). Our Service Desk Admins handle a range of issues from troubleshooting desktop and web-based services to working with vendors to facilitate telecom service restoration. Environments cross multiple endpoint operating systems (Windows, Mac, Linux, VDI) running commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) and custom, client-built applications. Service Desk staff at all levels may support one or more clients, depending on team assignment. Service Desk Admins act as the technical escalation point for other Service Desk resources and will assist with work assignments.
- In times of heavy volume, answer customer calls reporting service changes and outages
- Answer technical and process-based questions for service desk resources
- Monitor ticket queue for work distribution
- Monitor for needed surge support on phones or client inboxes
- Server as an escalation point for technically difficult issues
- Create tickets and manage incidents and service requests through their full lifecycle
- Update tickets and continuously coordinate necessary work
- Document status updates and communicate to necessary parties
- Perform incident analysis to determine possible cause and potential fix
- Diagnose and correct computer and telecommunication systems issues
- Troubleshoot end user incidents to resolution and identify root cause; escalate to internal and external groups where necessary
- Support end user software and hardware enhancements and technical problems; build, configure.
- Ensure the major incident management process if followed during a major incident
- Track outage notifications, and communicate with management for any ongoing issues
KEY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 3+ years of Helpdesk/Desktop Support or similar IT experience in an Enterprise environment
- Google IT Pro, CCENT, MCSA, equivalent certifications or 5+ years’ experience which demonstrates the necessary technical knowledge to support users in an enterprise environment
- High proficiency with troubleshooting Windows, Mac, and Linux Operating Systems
- Extensive Active Directory experience/knowledge
- Hardware: Laptops, Desktops, iPhone, Android, Mac
- Operating Systems: MAC OSX, Windows 10, Linux
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills
- Self-driven and highly motivated
- Ability to multi-task; speaking with customer while accurately logging and recording customer information
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willingness to work flexible hours – shift work required including weekend shift hours
- Must have high-energy work ethic and be available to work non-standard hours during peak season times.
- Present a friendly and helpful demeanor to service desk resources
The ideal candidate will have all or some of the following certifications:
- HDI Support Center Analyst
- ITIL Foundation v3
- Cisco CCNA
- MS Role based certificates
- AWS associate level certificates
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Associate’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT STATEMENT: None
Selected applicants will be subject to a background investigation. Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area with overhead lighting. The noise level in this environment is low to moderate. Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc. Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time.
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.