Business Development Director
Business Development Director
Location : Reston, VA
Clearance Type : Eligible for a Security Clearance
PURPOSE OF JOB:
This individual will be responsible for developing new business and selling 1901 Group’s cloud, cyber and managed services to federal civilian agency customers. This is not your typical business development position that operates in a traditional BD and capture management environment. 1901 Group was built with the sole purpose of changing the way the federal contractor market delivers IT services for the government. We believe hybrid cloud infrastructures supported by a FedRAMP authorized, 24x7 remote operations centers is the direction the federal government is heading. This position is highly visible working across 1901 Group identifying and qualifying customer and opportunities that are ripe for migration from traditionally delivered, IT services to the cloud.
This senior level role will have hands on experience within the federal civilian market and existing relationships required to shape opportunities in a way that has a positive impact on our pipeline. This person must have an excellent understanding of how the federal government procures enterprise IT services and be able to position 1901 Group’s cloud, cyber and managed services to positively influence new business opportunities and RFPs.
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in the federal marketplace with broad experience in a combination of IT program delivery, business development, and exposure to proposal development
- Previous hands-on program delivery experience in a federal enterprise IT environment is desired, primarily to understand the challenges confronting customers in the enterprise IT environment
- Experience working in a traditional business development/capture environment is desired, primarily to help develop ghosting strategies to sell against legacy labor-based delivery models
- Experience working with leading CSPs such as Amazon and Azure and developing partnering strategies with 1901 Group Channel Management and partner direct sales team to win new business
- Demonstrated success supporting the development of customer and market penetration strategies, individual opportunity wins strategies, account plans, and partnering strategies
- Demonstrated ability providing customers with road maps that transform current IT environment to innovative delivery models through managed services, cloud computing, open source or the application of disruptive technologies
- Must be client facing and be able to brief C-level executives providing clear approaches to consume 1901 Group’s services and solutions
- Takes a hands-on approach to driving opportunity capture and revenue growth proactively working with solutions development teams, engineering and senior management
- Effective communication skills and leadership qualities, capable of convincing others to follow their lead
- Understanding of IT service and “As a Service” offerings, Cloud Computing, and federal initiative such as Data Center Optimization Initiatives.
- Must have proven ability to win strategic opportunities (i.e., $20M+ in size)
- Previous experience working project delivery in an Enterprise IT environment primarily to understand the challenges that confront our clients in order to develop a winning solution
- Knowledge of disruptive technologies, such as cloud computing and “as a service” models in the commercial or federal market.
- Knowledge of federal security technologies and techniques
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT STATEMENT: None specified.
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, 1901 Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
1901 Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of 1901 Group’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
US Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.