Job Title: ServiceNow Architect
Location: Blacksburg, Abingdon VA preferred, remote possible
Clearance Requirement: Public Trust
Who Are We?
1901 Group prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT As-A Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Who We Need:
A highly motivated senior architect to design and develop software tools and solutions for our ServiceNow IT services platform.
What You’ll Spend Most of Your Time Doing
- After your initial onboarding and acclimation to the team, you will lead a team of highly skilled software developers responsible for delivering customized solutions for federal and commercial clients.
- You will define strategic direction following industry best practices for the enterprise ServiceNow platform and all application designs and development to be implement with well documented, maintainable code.
- You will work closely with the customer to understand the business direction, define the solution and present the solution design and architecture aspects to the client through presentations and Daily/Weekly discussions. communicate, the define the solution and gain customer confidence and buy-in.
- In collaboration with Project Managers, you will update application modernization strategic roadmaps and perform planning for the implementation of each application utilizing Agile Scrum methodologies and processes
- You will work closely with team members to lead the sprint planning, design, development and implementation of innovative technical and process solutions to support our customers.
As a ServiceNow Solutions Architect you will:
- Lead a team of developers to implement applications within an Agile Scrum methodology.
- Follow software best practices to design and implement well documented, maintainable code
- Work with the security SME and other infrastructure teams to ensure the solution complies with Government security requirements for a moderately classified system. Analyze, diagnose, and resolve software bugs utilizing approved procedures
- Be responsible for communicating and presenting architecture/designs, and working with the customer and executives on a weekly basis in delivering outstanding technical innovation and services to our customers.
- You will provide expert advice, mentoring and guidance, and general professionalism to continuously develop the team and customer.
- A software solutions architect with a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 7 years in Information Technology Systems and/or Software engineering, development, and delivery with successful track record of progressive increase in responsibility?
- A software developer with 5+ years’ experience developing and supporting software applications, specifically common programming languages such as Java, or C# and implementing ServiceNow systems?
- Deeply experienced with with RESTful APIs, JSON, AJAX, XHTML, and SOAP?
- Have an active Certified SNOW System Administrator or Developer?
- Certifications in ServiceNow platform, or other associated Systems administration/Engineering certifications. Examples would include MCSA/MCSE, CCNA/CCNP, VCP, RHCSA/RHCSE, AWS Developer or Architect, etc.
- Experienced with architecting applications in a ServiceNow cloud-based enterprise environment?
- A polished professional with outstanding verbal and written communication, strong leadership presence, and excellent customer-facing presentation skills?
- A US Citizen who can obtain and maintain a public trust clearance?
- It would be also be great if you:
- Have experience with Federal customers and solid understanding of Federal contracting practices for technical teams and security requirements.
Successful Traits in this Role include:
Minimum Essential Functions:
- Travel to customer sites, including overnight travel
- Assessing risk of technical solution paths
- Reporting to a senior program owner
Why 1901 Group is a Great Place to Work
The health and happiness of our employees and their families is our top priority. That’s why we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to help you and your loved ones feel secure. We strive to create the best experience for you, so you can continue doing the things you love. The following represents an overview of our offerings:
Health & Wellness
- 1901 Group offers above-industry standard, high-quality medical, pharmacy, dental and vision plans. A single carrier supports our offerings of two medical, two dental and a single, comprehensive vision plan.
- Two Telehealth/Telemedicine services as part of the medical plan, allowing you to get the care you need – including most prescriptions – for a wide range of minor conditions.
Flexible Payment Options via Pretax Deductions
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account
Paid Time Off
- Generous leave options to include: vacation, sick leave, all major and federal holidays, jury duty, bereavement, military leave, maternity, and paternity leave.
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) Savings Programs with company match
Coverage for the Unexpected or “Just in Case” Moments
- Two Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs)
- Company-paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Company-paid Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance for Employees, Spouses, and Children
Our Focus on Professional & Team Growth:
At 1901 Group we empower our employees with exponential career development and growth opportunities by utilizing a more modern form of employee assessment – quarterly reviews. We put our employees in the driver’s seat of their evaluation process – and their development. Learning and development is offered through a variety of platforms, designed to satisfy different learners at different stages within their careers.
Employee-Driven Performance Management & Learning
We support a philosophy and approach where “Everyone Learns”. Whether it be via online training or domain specific classroom & instructor lead training – we anticipate our employees will constantly seek out new ways to improve themselves – personally and professionally.
Selected applicants will be subject to a background investigation. Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area with overhead lighting. The noise level in this environment is low to moderate. Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc. Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time.
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.