Service Desk Analyst - Tier I
Service Desk Analyst - Tier I
Location: Washington, D.C.
Clearance: Eligible for Security Clearance (US Citizenship Required)
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The highly motivated individual will be responsible for being the second line of contact for customer calls. This individual will ascertain the nature of the call and results from first line troubleshooting, perform deeper analysis, and resolve issues with a high degree of success, collaborating with escalated and cross-team support as necessary.
- Support end user software and hardware enhancements and technical problems; build, configure.
- Support tickets and manage incidents, service requests, and problems through their full lifecycle
- Troubleshoot end user incidents in depth to resolution and identify root cause
- Provide support for on-boarding and off-boarding new and departing employees
- Image and deploy laptops and mobile devices to new users and to replace failing equipment
- Diagnose and correct computer and mobile device systems issues.
- Perform incident analysis to determine possible cause and potential fix
- Update tickets and continuously coordinate necessary work
- Document status updates and communicate to necessary parties
- Document troubleshooting steps and knowledge articles
KEY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Self-driven and highly motivated
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Comprehensive understanding of endpoint operating systems, including Windows, Mac, or Linux
- Willingness to work on-call and flexible hours – shift work required including potential weekend shift hours
- Must have high-energy work ethic and be available to work non-standard hours during peak season times.
The ideal candidate will have all or some of the following certifications:
- HDI Technical Support Professional
- ITIL Foundation v.4
- CompTIA Linux+ and/or Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Analyst (MCSA)
- Apple Certified System Administrator (ASSA)
Preferred Work Experience:
- 3+ years of help desk or desktop support or similar IT experience
- Experience with deskside and remote support
- High expertise with troubleshooting Windows, Mac, and Linux Operating Systems
- Basic Active Directory experience/knowledge
- Hardware: Laptops, Desktops, iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Mac
- Operating Systems: MAC OSX, Windows 10, Linux
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent experience in a related field.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT STATEMENT: None
Selected applicants will be subject to a background investigation. Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area with overhead lighting. The noise level in this environment is low to moderate. Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc. Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time.
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.