Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Based in Reston, VA, with work on site with clients in Washington, D.C. (remote candidates will not be considered)
Clearance Required: TS/SCI which requires US Citizenship
PURPOSE OF JOB: 1901 Group is seeking an experienced Project Manager to lead a multi-task software development and migration effort from legacy on-premise systems to cloud-based systems. The PM will interface with Federal customer points of contact, present regular status updates, perform internal 1901 Group project management / project financial management functions, manage subcontractors on software development tasks, recruit and retain software development staff, and manage other day-to-day activities. This effort employs several additional managers who perform technical and task leadership, 20+ full time staff members, and participation from an additional 10-15 supporting staff.
- 15 years of progressive technical experience specifically focused in the areas of software development, software implementation, or business analysis (requirements/processes)
- 7 - 10 years substantiated successful project management experience within a technology environment, with a progressive record of successful delivery of complex technical systems and/or services.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to comprehend customer business processes and systems to maintain a big picture view
- Under general direction, provides technical leadership to a project team consisting of software developers, database engineers, testers, and other IT professionals
- Under general direction, responsible for all aspects of the planning, implementation, and delivery of assigned projects
- Proven technical lead experience in software development using Agile and related practices
- Ability to creatively solve challenging business/technology problems
- Identify, manage and overcome roadblocks working with the development team, customer, and product owners
- Assign priorities to multiple competing activities quickly and effectively, balancing short- and long-term needs
- Effectively manage trade-offs between cost/schedule versus business benefit
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders and strategic partners to determine project scope, functional requirements and a strategy that meets our customer's needs while satisfying "scalability", reliability, performance, and resource constraints
- Ability to represent the project on meetings with other technical efforts and respond to high-level questions
- Interfaces with all areas affected by the project including the requirements team, technical implementation and delivery teams, test teams, and peer management teams
- In accordance with the client’s business practices, develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, weekly status reports, and risk assessments.
- Leads in the development of plans to mitigate risk affecting schedule and budget. Assists the program manager to recommend timely corrective actions.
- Prepares and coordinates the delivery of technical documentation, both internal and customer facing, as defined by the project plans
- Provides management oversight of key Agile development activities, i.e., SCRUM meetings, Sprint planning, demonstrations and retrospectives, user training, user testing.
- Identifies and communicates current priorities, issues, and concerns to team members and customer management team.
- Interfaces directly with client leadership on project plans and status. Recommends courses of action, as needed, to ensure client makes informed decisions. Provides and presents analysis of alternatives and recommends solution approach.
- Conducts meetings, creates meeting agendas, and formal presentations for upper-level management
- Uses MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Project, and MS Excel to create documents, presentations and plans as needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- Ability to interface confidently with the Government and internal/external customers
- The customer follows Agile Scrum best practices for managing requirements, implementation, test, and delivery of software products. It is important for personnel to demonstrate experience leading and participating in Agile Scrum efforts.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Understanding of DevOps and DevSecOps processes
- Ability to identify, initiate, manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Project management and scheduling skills
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Strong technical communication skills
- Extensive experience in vendor coordination and support for service area technologies including collaboration and team analysis
- Expertise using MS Office software (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint
- ITIL/ITSM framework and processes
- Experience with multitask and multi-team Project Management
- Experience with Quality Assurance
- Agile/DevOps framework and management
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
Required: Project Management Professional
Desired: AWS Cloud Practitioner or applicable Azure certification, ITIL Foundations or higher
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT STATEMENT: None
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.