Sr. ServiceNow Solutions Architect
Job Title: Sr. ServiceNow Solutions Architect
Location: DC/NOVA (Washington DC area) preferred
Clearance Required: Eligibility for a Government Public Trust (SF-85) background investigation (US Citizenship required)
ABOUT 1901 GROUP:
1901 Group provides IT services through the use of an integrated cloud-based platform that enables monitoring, management, and optimization of IT environments that span on-premise, co-location, and cloud computing environments. Our “as a service” model (XaaS) embeds all of the people, processes and technology necessary to deliver highly efficient IT services on a 24x7x365 basis.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Senior Solution Architect to define an enterprise scale cloud based ServiceNow implementation with internal agency and external Public users for up to 13 business applications to be developed on the platform. The Solution Architect will report to the project manager and lead the team of developers to implement the applications within an Agile Scrum methodology. The solution architect will also work with the security SME and other infrastructure teams to ensure the solution complies with Government security requirements for a moderately classified system. The Solution Architect will be responsible for communicating, presenting architecture/design and working with the customer director and executives on a weekly basis in delivering outstanding technical innovation and services to our customers. As a key member of the Project team leadership, the Solution Architect will provide expert advice, mentoring and guidance, and general professionalism to continuously develop the team and customer.
- Will define strategic direction following industry best practices for the enterprise ServiceNow platform and all application designs and development to be implement with well documented, maintainable code.
- Work closely with the customer to understand the business direction, define the solution and present the solution design and architecture aspects to the client through presentations and Daily/Weekly discussions. communicate, the define the solution and gain customer confidence and buy-in.
- In collaboration with the Project manager update the application modernization strategic roadmap and perform planning for the implementation of each application utilizing Agile Scrum methodologies and processes
- Work closely with team members to lead the sprint planning, design, development and implementation of innovative technical and process solutions to support our customers.
KEY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced technical team lead skills and approaches.
- Proven ability to devise strategic and tactical plans, effectively communicate them to the customer and project team, gain buy-in, and lead the team toward successful outcome.
- Proven customer-facing consulting and presentation skills, especially around understanding customer needs, devising innovative solutions, and effectively communicating solutions to customers in a clear and compelling manner.
- Broad and deep enterprise technical knowledge to provide leadership and guidance to advanced technology professionals.
- Advanced Systems Engineering, Analysis, and Implementation experience and skills across major enterprises.
- Advanced understanding of Service Now Customer Service Management (CSM) and App Engine for business application development including security requirements for supporting o and enabling secure access to external users.
- Minimum 10 years in Information Technology Systems and/or Software engineering, development, and delivery with successful track record of progressive increase in responsibility.
- Minimum 5 years implementing ServiceNow systems and/or software delivery teams.
- Minimum 3 years working as a ServiceNow Solution Architect implementing applications in a ServiceNow cloud based enterprise environment
- Federal customer site experience and solid understanding of Federal contracting practices for technical teams and security requirements.
- Polished professional with outstanding verbal and written communication, strong leadership presence, and excellent customer-facing presentation skills.
- Strong desire to provide customer with innovative solutions and align strategic goals with new technologies and approaches.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field or relevant work experience. Major(s) in Computer Science or related field of study.
Required: Certified SNOW System Administrator or Developer
Certifications in ServiceNow platform and other associated Systems administration/Engineering. Examples would include MCSA/MCSE, CCNA/CCNP, VCP, RHCSA/RHCSE, AWS Developer or Architect, etc.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT STATEMENT: None specified.
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.