Infrastructure Program Manager
Job Title: Infrastructure Program Manager
Location: US Holocaust Memorial Museum (USHMM), Washington DC
Clearance requirement: Pass OPM Background Investigation (US Citizenship Required)
ABOUT 1901 GROUP:
1901 Group provides IT services through the use of an integrated cloud-based platform that enables monitoring, management, and optimization of IT environments that span on-premise, co-location, and cloud computing environments. Our “as a service” model (XaaS) embeds all of the people, processes and technology necessary to deliver highly efficient IT services on a 24x7x365 basis.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Infrastructure Program Manager (PM) will lead all technical and management activities of our USHMM program. This role is onsite at the Museum and will work directly with the Museum CIO and his team to manage and operate the Museum’s IT infrastructure and services. The PM will oversee all aspects of the 1901 Group Hybrid (remote and onsite) operations for the Museum, support all IT Infrastructure services and components including an ITIL-aligned service desk, endpoint device management, patching, network, server, and storage functions. The PM will work with the Museum and 1901 Group resources to plan and execute technical services by directing cross-functional teams representing multiple technical disciplines in the execution of implementation activities covering infrastructure integration and operations projects spanning multiple products and services. The PM will have overall responsibility for managing ticket flows for the established ITIL processes, including incident, change, and service requests, asset management, and interacting with Museum customers to ensure customer satisfaction. The PM will serve as the lead for the 1901 Group team and serve as the single point of contact to the Museum CIO and his team. To support this effort, 1901 Group is seeking individuals with a demonstrated background in and experience with infrastructure engineering and support, service desk and end user support functions.
- Serve as primary liaison and point of contact for the CIO Museum staff, the Service Level Manager and the 1901 Group Hybrid Operations center
- Proactively interact with Museum IT users and serve as the primary interface and escalation point for Museum customers that have extended issues or problems that cannot be resolved by the service desk.
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders and strategic partners to determine project scope, functional requirements and a strategy that meets our customer's needs while satisfying scalability, reliability, performance, and resource constraints.
- Manage project schedules, budget, issues, and risks; and produce regular status reporting. Assign priorities to multiple competing activities quickly and effectively, balancing short- and long-term needs.
- Ensure quality and timeliness of incident, request, and change ticket closure process by the Tier 1 and 2 resources and manage aging tickets, escalating to Museum management, as necessary.
- Manage all operations-related staff and processes, ensure that the operation of the IT Infrastructure Enterprise meets defined service levels, and serve as the contractor’s service owner for all IT services and solutions.
- Develop an understanding of Museum customers ongoing IT needs and expectations by scheduling regular meetings with the various Museum stakeholders across the Museum offices
- Oversee infrastructure support services for the Museum, across the network, server, storage, and AWS cloud infrastructure
KEY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ten or more years of experience in an end-to-end service desk and IT infrastructure systems support delivery environment.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with CIO level executives as well as the IT customer community.
- Demonstrated success improving, optimizing, standardizing, and streamlining customer support processes that yielded improvements in customer satisfaction and resulted in cost reductions. Demonstrated experience and proven success implementing changes, processes, and standards to improve an enterprise-wide service desk.
- Proven leadership experience in managing Service Desks and IT Infrastructure, including Incident, Request, Change, and Asset Management processes.
- Ability to drive quality IT services through the management and monitoring of SLAs and following ITIL based processes
- Ability to leverage and manage technical resources that work in a decentralized shared model to achieve solutions to problems; work on specific IT implementation tasks; and identify and develop process and operational improvement recommendations.
- Ability to readily and easily switch gears in response to unexpected events and circumstances.
- High degree of competency with project management including: issue and risk identification and management, tracking dependencies and milestones, and communication of overall project status.
- Proficiency with SharePoint, MS Office suite, ticketing systems
- Must be a self-starter and detail oriented.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
Desired: PMP Certification; Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL®) Foundation Level Certification (or better)
Selected applicants will be subject to a background investigation. Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area with overhead lighting. The noise level in this environment is low to moderate. Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc. Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time.
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.