Sr. Software/ServiceNow Trainer
Job Title: Senior Software/ServiceNow Trainer
Location: Alexandria, VA (customer site)
Clearance Requirement – Public Trust (US Citizenship Required)
Who Are We?
1901 Group prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT As-A Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Who We Need:
- A motivated senior IT Professional trainer to provide standardized training and support to the a government customer. Experience planning, developing, and delivering training and training material to personnel across the enterprise including customer and contract participants. Requires excellent written and oral communication skills and have domain understanding of the customer Enterprise IT environment
What You’ll Spend Most of Your Time Doing
- After your initial onboarding and acclimation to the team, you will work with ITSM and senior management to create and standalize training.
- Administer education curriculum to a diverse and varying audience using appropriate strategies in delivery techniques to meet the needs of the team in achieving a higher understanding of the job title and duties for each level on the service desk.
- Work with various groups on any service level training issues including but not limited to PM, SLM, auditor.
- Independently work to identify opportunities for improvement needed to support different customers
- Will provide recommendations for process improvements and training to management team and implement agreed upon training
- Stays current with relevant educational huddles and training
- Communicate with various levels of leadership on issues critical to training needs.
- Help create, maintain and regularly update knowledge base to meet customer need and requirement.
- Assists in creating, Standardize, implementing and improving all processes and procedures: as well as making recommendations for enhancement to training materials and curriculum as identified during feedback sessions with other management groups.
· Work with mission teams and vendors to create, deliver, and monitor training curricula appropriate for specific roles
· Analyze training needs and developing programs to address them; evaluating third party training providers; developing lesson plans and training materials
· Manage delivery of internal and externally-provided training
· Administer tests or knowledge assessments to ensure understanding of training content and application of knowledge
· Provide train-the-trainer programs and qualifies trainers for content delivery
· Maintain records of successful training completions.
As a Service Desk Trainer, you will:
- Be a key member of a high performing training team
- Develop, maintain and administer training curriculums
- Monitor and tune training and development to achieve optimum performance levels
- Use JIRA and the scrum process to effectively communicate with your team and project leadership
- Location will be Blacksburg, VA with travel requirements.
- Someone with ability to write routine reports and correspondnce
- Someone with high level computer expertise, incuding use of database, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentations applications.
- Experienced with good oral and written communication skills and be able to interact with all levels of personnel on the service desk.
- Able to demonstrate understanding of SLA’s and KPI metrics.
- Able to demonstrate ability to exercise judgement in dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Able to demonstrate ability to work independently with little to no management guidance.
- Able to travel as needed between other 1901 sites and/or client sites.
- Able to demonstrate ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Able to interpret an extensive variety of technical and non-technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Someone with Bachelors degree; or at least 7 years related experience as a trainer.
- Significant experience with Agile software development
- Significant experience with ServiceNow or similar platform?
- US Citizen who can obtain a public trust clearance?
Successful Traits in this Role include:
- Team player
- Detailed oriented
- Problem solver
Minimum Essential Functions:
- Travel to customer sites, including overnight travel
- Develop, Maintain and administer education curriculum to a diverse and varying audience
- Analyze problems, collect data, establish facts to be able to draw valid conclusions
- Communication to other teams, and senior management
Why 1901 Group is a Great Place to Work
The health and happiness of our employees and their families is our top priority. That’s why we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to help you and your loved ones feel secure. We strive to create the best experience for you, so you can continue doing the things you love. The following represents an overview of our offerings:
Health & Wellness
- 1901 Group offers above-industry standard, high-quality medical, pharmacy, dental and vision plans. A single carrier supports our offerings of two medical, two dental and a single, comprehensive vision plan.
- Two Telehealth/Telemedicine services as part of the medical plan, allowing you to get the care you need – including most prescriptions – for a wide range of minor conditions.
Flexible Payment Options via Pretax Deductions
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account
Paid Time Off
- Generous leave options to include: vacation, sick leave, all major and federal holidays, jury duty, bereavement, military leave, maternity, and paternity leave.
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) Savings Programs with company match
Coverage for the Unexpected or “Just in Case” Moments
- Two Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs)
- Company-paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Company-paid Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance for Employees, Spouses, and Children
Our Focus on Professional & Team Growth:
At 1901 Group we empower our employees with exponential career development and growth opportunities by utilizing a more modern form of employee assessment – quarterly reviews. We put our employees in the driver’s seat of their evaluation process – and their development. Learning and development is offered through a variety of platforms, designed to satisfy different learners at different stages within their careers.
Employee-Driven Performance Management & Learning
We support a philosophy and approach where “Everyone Learns”. Whether it be via online training or domain specific classroom & instructor lead training – we anticipate our employees will constantly seek out new ways to improve themselves – personally and professionally.
Selected applicants will be subject to a background investigation. Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area with overhead lighting. The noise level in this environment is low to moderate. Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc. Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time.
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.