Job Title: Business Analyst
Location: Based in Reston, VA, with work on site with clients in Washington, D.C. (remote candidates will not be considered)
Clearance Required: TS/SCI which requires US Citizenship
ABOUT 1901 GROUP:
1901 Group provides IT services through the use of an integrated cloud-based platform that enables monitoring, management, and optimization of IT environments that span on-premise, co-location, and cloud computing environments. Our “as a service” model (XaaS) embeds all of the people, processes and technology necessary to deliver highly efficient IT services on a 24x7x365 basis.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The highly motivated individual will significantly contribute to 1901 Group project success by gathering and documenting business and technical requirements for customer initiatives. The Business Analyst may also assist in vendor and product selection activities and day to day project management activities.
- Gather and develop requirements using interviews, document analysis, automated tools output, requirements workshops, storyboards, use cases, and task/workflow analysis.
- Document and maintain requirements using common tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and others
- Plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as electronic data processing, information systems, systems analysis, and computer programming.
- Experience with employing process improvements and reengineering methodologies to support modernization of IT systems.
- Support project managers with scheduling, reporting, and other project control activities
- Participate in the key scrum team development meetings, including daily standups, planning meetings, iteration reviews, and team retrospectives
- Facilitate user group workshops
- Maintain requirements backlog
- Experience with providing technical edits to engineering documentation, software documentation, manuals, reports, or any other documents or presentations
KEY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience analyzing customer business needs and gathering and prioritizing business requirements for IT projects
- Experience writing system requirements documentation, lucid chart process diagrams, and general technical writing
- Experience writing Agile requirements and familiarity with Agile project management tools (i.e., Jira)
- Understand the fundamentals of iterative development, Agile/Scrum Processes and methodologies, and software development processes and procedures
- Experience working with integrated development teams
- Possess excellent facilitation and communication skills, with the ability to develop strategic partnerships with business customers
- Must have high-energy work ethic and be available to work non-standard hours during peak season times
- Knowledge of AWS and Azure cloud environments and tools
- Experience with writing test plans, user manuals, and other customer support technical documents
- Three years relevant work experience in similar role or environment.
- Familiarity working cloud environment
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor of Science degree required
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT STATEMENT: None
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.