Job Title: Business Analyst
Location: Alexandria, VA (Customer site)
Clearance Requirement: Public Trust
Who Are We?
1901 Group prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, Virginia, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT “as-a-service” delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that use the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments. Our company name was inspired by the history of automation. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. We applied that lesson to IT services today, leveraging skills and materials efficiently within a repeatable process that quadruples output.
Who We Need:
A Business Analyst with project management and leadership experience. The Business Analyst provides strategic business analysis services to business partners. The focus of this position requires experience with development projects from a requirements/business perspective. Familiarity with a range of digital/web services and solutions, ideally where open source and cloud technologies and agile development methodologies have been applied. Must possess an eye for detail, excellent communication skills, ability to rationalize complex information to make it understandable for others to work, and ability to assess and report information where inconsistencies are found. Experience with ServiceNow implementations strongly desired.
What You’ll Spend Most of Your Time Doing
- Gathering and developing requirements using interviews, document analysis, the outputs from automated tools, requirements workshops, storyboards, use cases, and task/workflow analysis
- Documenting and maintaining requirements using common tools such as Visio, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Communicating with vendors and industry partners to gather product specifications, capabilities, security requirements, and other information needed for vendor and partner selection
- Support project managers with scheduling, reporting, and other project control activities
- Participate in the key scrum team development meetings, including daily standups, planning meetings, iteration reviews, and team retrospectives
As a Business Analyst, you will:
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in Information Systems and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices
- Support and align efforts to meet customer and business needs
- Manage customer relationships and expectations by developing a communication process to keep others up-to-date on project results
- Stay current with customer needs and strategies; utilizing formal and informal written communication methods (for example, emails, newsletters, PowerPoint presentations, executive updates, task lists, updates) to communicate updates and findings; and facilitating project meetings and presentations to all types of diverse audiences (for example, senior management, Customers, technical staff)
- Lead or participate in multiple projects by completing and updating project documentation, managing project scope; adjusting schedules when necessary, determining daily priorities, ensuring efficient and on-time delivery of project tasks and milestones, following proper escalation paths, and managing customer and supplier relationships
- Provide leadership to team members and peers by collaborating with others; articulating ideas and viewpoints to senior management, peers and others; identifying and initiating projects; managing resources; driving the resolution of issues; and holding self and team accountable for results
- Identify, create, and facilitate process design changes by conducting business and systems process analysis and design at a complex level, focusing on quality improvement and data management, ensuring data is reliable and valid developing process improvements or re-engineering and recommending elimination, integrating new systems and processes with existing ones, and partnering with internal and external customers to ensure systems provided meet the long-term business strategies
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders, identifying business needs, determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices, monitoring progress and results, recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities, and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes and new responsibilities
- Provide project-level analysis; produce required project analysis documentation (business requirements, scope matrix, use cases, sequence diagrams, future state proposals, UAT plan)
- Collaborate closely with developers to implement the requirements, provide necessary guidance to testers during the QA process
- Identify improvement opportunities (proactive and reactive)
- Elicit and document business and systems requirements
- Assess business process and system inefficiencies
- Identify ways to increase adoption and customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated fluency in business processes and process differentiation
- Develop the ability to analyze and synthesize business requirements, including recognizing patterns and conceptualizing processes
- Understand and negotiate the needs and expectations of multiple stakeholders
- Serve as a liaison between Operations and IT to assist or gather business requirements needed for system modifications, enhancement, and implementations
- Assist with and test implementation for all payer and vendor relationships to ensure data transfer collection, quality and reporting relationships are working appropriately down to the market level to ensure market team member and provider experience is appropriate
- Create and maintain issue logs, meeting minutes, meeting schedules, project summaries, and updates.
- Create and maintain project schedules by developing project plans and specifications, estimating time and resources, monitoring milestone completion, tracking all phases of the project lifecycle, providing timely reporting of issues that impact project progress, coordinating actions and resolving conflicts
- Meet with the project team regularly to review project deliverables and deadlines
- Develop and execute test plans
- Support system conversions, upgrades, enhancements
- A business analyst with a bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of professional experience?
- Experienced working with integrated development teams?
- Excellent at facilitation and communication skills, with the ability to develop strategic partnerships with business customers?
- Someone with high-energy and a great work ethic, along with the ability to work diligently until issues are resolved?
- Experienced with writing test plans, user manuals, and other customer support technical documents?
- A detail-oriented analyst with proven experience interacting with customers of all levels and the ability to collaborate with a variety of technical and non-technical teams?
- Proficient in creating technical documentation & diagrams using Visio or similar?
- Knowledgable of cloud technologies? *optional
- Experienced with Agile toolsets, such as JIRA and Confluence?
- US Citizen who can obtain a public trust clearance?
Successful Traits in this Role include:
- Team player
- Problem solver
Minimum Essential Functions:
Why 1901 Group is a Great Place to Work
The health and happiness of our employees and their families is our top priority. That’s why we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to help you and your loved ones feel secure. We strive to create the best experience for you, so you can continue doing the things you love. The following represents an overview of our offerings:
Health & Wellness
- 1901 Group offers above-industry standard, high-quality medical, pharmacy, dental and vision plans. A single carrier supports our offerings of two medical, two dental and a single, comprehensive vision plan.
- Two Telehealth/Telemedicine services as part of the medical plan, allowing you to get the care you need – including most prescriptions – for a wide range of minor conditions.
Flexible Payment Options via Pretax Deductions
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account
Paid Time Off
- Generous leave options to include: vacation, sick leave, all major and federal holidays, jury duty, bereavement, military leave, maternity, and paternity leave.
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) Savings Programs with company match
Coverage for the Unexpected or “Just in Case” Moments
- Two Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs)
- Company-paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Company-paid Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance for Employees, Spouses, and Children
Our Focus on Professional & Team Growth:
At 1901 Group we empower our employees with exponential career development and growth opportunities by utilizing a more modern form of employee assessment – quarterly reviews. We put our employees in the driver’s seat of their evaluation process – and their development. Learning and development is offered through a variety of platforms, designed to satisfy different learners at different stages within their careers.
Employee-Driven Performance Management & Learning
We support a philosophy and approach where “Everyone Learns”. Whether it be via online training or domain specific classroom & instructor lead training – we anticipate our employees will constantly seek out new ways to improve themselves – personally and professionally.
Selected applicants will be subject to a background investigation. Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area with overhead lighting. The noise level in this environment is low to moderate. Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc. Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time.
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.