NOC Specialist - IT Systems Analyst
Job Title: Network Operations Center Specialist/IT Systems Analyst
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Clearance Required: Eligibility for a Security Clearance (US Citizenship is required)
ABOUT 1901 GROUP:
1901 Group provides IT services through the use of an integrated cloud-based platform that enables monitoring, management, and optimization of IT environments that span on-premise, co-location, and cloud computing environments. Our “as a service” model (XaaS) embeds all of the people, processes and technology necessary to deliver highly efficient IT services on a 24x7x365 basis.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The highly motivated individual will be responsible for being the first contact for each of our customer calls and operational tasks. This individual will help ascertain the nature of the call, resolve issues where possible, and escalate to the appropriate work group, when necessary. This individual will own network and systems incidents from onset to resolution, providing the solution and documenting the event. This individual will also be involved in operational improvement projects in all areas of the network.
- Monitor for network events and incidents
- Provide customer service and guidance
- Perform configuration and troubleshooting within server and routing/switching/security network equipment
- Monitor the health and trends of the network to proactively identify issues before events occur
- Ensure all systems and infrastructure are running optimally and with high availability and quality
- Provide hands on operations support, maintenance support, and project support
- Support end user and system owner requests for configuration change within the operational network
- Write and provide white papers for network improvement projects
- Participate in departmental projects, providing technical effort as well as education and documentation
- Perform patch and security configuration activities
- Perform scheduled and emergency maintenance activities
- Provide training to teammates and personnel from other support departments
- 5 or more years of technical hands-on experience in a NOC environment, network administration environment, server administration environment, supervisory help desk environment, or other network troubleshooting environment
- Experience with Windows 2008R2, 2012R2, Windows 16
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting CISCO networking environments
- Proven ability as a logical problem solver
- Experience supporting layer 1 through 7 WAN and LAN troubleshooting
- Installation and testing of cabling and circuitry for network access and connectivity
- Proven experience working with user accounts and experience with ticketing and network management systems (Remedy, ServiceNow, Netcool, EM7, Solarwinds, etc)
- Ability to provide support for after hours and weekend maintenance activities when required
- Incident and problem analysis expertise
- Complete software and hardware enhancements and upgrades
- Provide reporting on system availability and reliability
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 (O365)
- Experience with Oracle Databases
- Experience with circuit install or troubleshooting
- Experience with Linux Server Administration
- Scripting (PowerShell, Perl, T-SQL, etc)
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree, vocational training, military training, or equivalent experience in a related field.
Certification in one or more of the following:
- Network +
- Security +
- Other equivalent networking certifications or degrees
Certification in two or more of the following:
- Other equivalent networking certifications/degrees
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT STATEMENT: Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and rack equipment into place. Must be able to physically run cables across rooms and racks in a data center environment.
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.