Operations and Incident Manager
Job Title: IT Operations & Incident Manager
Location: Blacksburg Office
Clearance Required: Eligibility for a Government Public Trust (SF-85) background investigation (US Citizenship required)
ABOUT 1901 GROUP: 1901 Group provides IT services through the use of an integrated cloud-based platform that enables monitoring, management, and optimization of IT environments that span on-premise, co-location, and cloud computing environments. Our “as a service” model (XaaS) embeds all of the people, processes and technology necessary to deliver highly efficient IT services on a 24x7x365 basis.
PURPOSE OF JOB:The Operations and Incident Manager (OIM) is responsible for coordination and execution of ongoing infrastructure operations, management, and maintenance. The OIM will work cooperatively with the EUSS Incident & Problem Manager to ensure proper focus on problem resolution and effective communications to the FTC user community. The OIM shall provide the following types of support:
- Proactively research and recommend courses of action to prevent problems and to maintain high infrastructure service levels for the user community.
- Utilize metrics, key performance indicators, and service level agreements for driving the performance of IT service delivery
- Interface with OCIO management to define infrastructure support initiatives and solutions for improving service efficiency and effectiveness
- Direct timely support of security incident investigations and provide data and metrics to system ISSOs
- Ten or more years of related experience in 1) IT Infrastructure Engineering and Operations similar to this contract and 2) the contractor’s proposed solution to include Data Centers, Cloud provided IT solutions, WAN/LAN, and Server Support. At least four of these years must be in a leadership position.
- Demonstrated experience in operating and designing a network that supports a dispersed workforce, utilizing and supporting both on premise applications and applications deployed in the cloud.
- Demonstrated experience providing performance-based customer service support against multiple performance metrics for the Federal Government.
- Demonstrated in-depth experience with the implementation and customization of service desk tools and automation technologies
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- None specified
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL®) Foundation Level Certification (or better)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT STATEMENT: None
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.