Job Title: HR Generalist
Location: Reston, VA
Clearance Required: Commercial Background Investigation (CBI)
ABOUT 1901 GROUP:
1901 Group provides IT services through the use of an integrated cloud-based platform that enables monitoring, management, and optimization of IT environments that span on-premise, co-location, and cloud computing environments. Our “as a service” model (XaaS) embeds all of the people, processes and technology necessary to deliver highly efficient IT services on a 24x7x365 basis.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level in coordination with the SVP, Talent Strategy & Human Resources supporting 1901 Group employees. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, affirmative action and employment law compliance. The ideal candidate will be a generalist with an advanced knowledge in compensation and benefit programs.
- Partner with employees and management to effectively communicate and support human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and other government regulations.
- Maintain employee documentation and supporting employee personnel files to include human resource information system records and reports from the database
- Conduct new-hire orientation and ensure compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits Forms I-9.
- Monitor employee eligibility for corporate benefits plans. Reviews benefits with employees and processes enrollment, cancellation or changes. Support the annual open enrollment communications and election process. Maintain and track new and cancelled employees under each benefit plan; processes COBRA notifications. Assist in the verification of benefit billing accuracy.
- Provide compensation analysis and evaluations in support of recruiting, performance management and the merit process utilizing PayScale
- Act as an employee relations specialist and assist managers prior to executing employee disciplinary actions.
- Assist in conducting exit interviews and provide recommendations in support of continuous improvement.
- Assist in the coordination of employee morale programs and events.
- Support compliance efforts with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- 3-5 years of experience in the administration of benefits, compensation and other human resource programs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); HRIS systems (ADP preferred); ATS (Jobvite); Compensation (PayScale) preferred
- Experience working with benefits carriers and broker management.
- Strong time management skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize work, attention to detail. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and communication with employees at all levels across the organization.
- Passion for human resources and relationship management
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, 1901 Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
1901 Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of 1901 Group’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
US Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.